Should i or should i not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tali931

Aquarium Advice Activist
One of my neighbours is selling these little guys for $5 a piece. I was wondering if they would be compatible with my electric blue rams or will I end up with dead fish? Thanks:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 146
Dwarf riverine from west Africa, pelvicachromis pulcher, the common kribensis

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have no experience w/ those, but I would think there could be problems mixing SA w/ Africans. Maybe see what your neighbor thinks... I dunno.

They are more similar to rams than the cichlids of the rift lakes. Given a tank big enough, a pair of each is possible, but generally you will have territory issues, especially during spawning time

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I did the same... Just gave away my African catfish not too long ago also. Sort of sucked but prolly best for fish.

This is my male with his fry I have them in a 40 and now that they have paired off I can't keep them with any other fish not even other kribs and 2 males will always fight.

Attachments

• 1405781555804.jpg
    1405781555804.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 1405781569461.jpg
    1405781569461.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 125
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414931317.386918.jpg
here's my pair who haven't succeeded in raising eggs yet, they are certainly beautiful, especially when they get big

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom