Should I put them in my other tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have 2 rare cichlids I just got and put them in my 75 gallon because their tank isnt 100% cycled. It is pased the Ammonia portion of the cycle It has 0 Ammonia in the tank but the Nitrates and nitrites are still there. heres my issue...the male is Flashing quite often and It may be from ick but I cant treat my 75gallon for ich because its a planted tank and will kill the plants. So I want to know if the pair would be fine in the uncycled tank if I did large daily water changes? Or should I just watch them? I just dont want them to spread ick to my other fish.

Try the natural approach:

raise the temp to 86 slowly

add an airstone to increase oxygenation

do gravel vacs every 2-3 days to remove ich spores

maintain this for 2 week minimum

Have you seen ich on the fish? Sometimes fish flash because they have an itch, but it's not disease-related.

Try the natural approach:

raise the temp to 86 slowly

add an airstone to increase oxygenation

do gravel vacs every 2-3 days to remove ich spores

maintain this for 2 week minimum

Have you seen ich on the fish? Sometimes fish flash because they have an itch, but it's not disease-related.

No my fish dont have any ich on them, the male flashes a lot I dont think its just an itch. I will try this approach however and see how it goes. I have an extra heater so that will help get my temp up. Ill toss my airstone in there as well. any other methods to helping with ich?

Back
Top Bottom