should I quaretine snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loubeardy

Aquarium Advice Activist
thanks to all the help I have received the last few daya from members on here I have decided to get some snails for my tank (zebra nerite snails most likely : ) ) but should i quaretine snails? .... they eat algae so I'm thinking they need to go into an established tank, which a quaretine tank usually isn't.

You should quarantine any new addition to your tanks, including snails. If you're worried about feeding, you could drop in an algae wafer every few days, but your snail will also eat detritus and food that settles on the bottom of the tank.

the app never told me that I got any replies! bit thank you for replying! I spoke to the guy at the fish store (who through conversations with him has worked there for a very long time and has his own fish for even longer... advice I've got from him before has been good) and said I didn't need to quaretine. so snails have gone straight ! :0 :/
1485624751941.jpg

all tank inhabitants in one pic :) it's like they knew I wanted a pic of them all

Back
Top Bottom