Should I switch to new Filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrg02d

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all,
I have been considering getting a new power filter for my tank. Right now I have an AquaClear 50 filter. The other day, the thing screwed up and pumped out 6gallons of water all over my carpet and caused leaking to the neighbors below me. The landlord was called and all...Very stressful to deal with right before engineering midterms! Now I only let it run when I am around to watch it.

My tank is a 20gallon. I have live rock, coral, and fish+inverts. I was looking at the Fluval canister filters. Would this be worth investing in? If so, which one? I am thinking the 205 would be fine.

Is it worth the money? Could I get feedback on these filters?
Thanks!
Matt

I love the fluval canisters... i have a 305 and a 405... id say you would be fine with a 205... They are super easy to set up, clean, and use... and they do a very good job. the bio-rings and sponges keep my tank super clean... check craigslist and ebay before buying from a store. rena xp filters are "supposedly" good too. ive never used one, but everybody on here that have them, love them. Either way, i like canisters better than hob's....

Hello,
Thanks for the reply! I won a new Fluval 305 on ebay for 83$. Should be here in a week. I looked it up on youtube and it looks extremely easy to use. Seems a 305 is big for my tank, but it was a good price!:p

Matt

that filter will be fine... thats a good price too... they are so simple... they have a valve and a latch... the hoses are on a connecter, you sit it on the filter, snap the latch down, open the valve, prime it (unless you already had water in it, then you just have to open the valve and let it fill with water), turn it on, and watch it clean lol... also a side note, they are super quiet.. i can put my ear down to it and barely hear it humming

Back
Top Bottom