Should i take this offer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dylan5359 said:
So what types of tanks do you guys have? SW? FW?

-Dylan

Fw so far. One Betta and a community tank in the very beginning stages. I wish I was at my moms house so I could work on my newest plot... I'm having writing withdrawals now!

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Bettababe1011 said:
Fw so far. One Betta and a community tank in the very beginning stages. I wish I was at my moms house so I could work on my newest plot... I'm having writing withdrawals now!

Writing withdrawals?

-Dylan

tornadonick said:
Have a freshwater 29 gallon myself, and take care of my sisters 20. trying to figure out what i am going to do for a cichlid tank

I'm a little lost with the whole cichlid concept, like there's so many different classifications. I have a small 10 gallon. A cycling dwarf seahorse tank (SW). And maybe upgrade that ten to a fifty.

-Dylan

Dylan5359 said:
Writing withdrawals?

-Dylan

Lol. Yeah. I just thought of a new plotline for a novel today, and I really want to work on it. I'm not having withdrawals, per se, just wishing I could write now.

Bettababe1011 said:
Lol. Yeah. I just thought of a new plotline for a novel today, and I really want to work on it. I'm not having withdrawals, per se, just wishing I could write now.

I enjoy writing myself. In honors English in school.

-Dylan

My teachers have always loved to read my writing, an have always been amazed at it. At Gilbert we didn't have honors classes. I've started several stories, one of which is halfway done.

Dylan5359 said:
One of my major flaws is sticking to a story. I will always have new ideas. But by the end of 8th grade I want o have a 100% completed novel edited and everything. I'm on page 30 of it right now :)

-Dylan

My major and halfway story is called Bite, and is about fifty word pages long. If you want to hear the plot, I can message it to you.

Lol I'm nineteen, I'm hittin the college scene where my 'rents pull the "your spending too much money on fish" card ALOT!!! Lol but its cool

15 WOOT!!! Lol I get my permit in a week!! Wow I never knew this thread would evolve like this haha it's okay though

Emi929 said:
15 WOOT!!! Lol I get my permit in a week!! Wow I never knew this thread would evolve like this haha it's okay though

It's like a duplicate of tyspot's How Old Are You thread. Lol. I'll get my license in three years. ;) watch out world!!

I need to stay on here and observe so that I see how children get their way with their parents...just in case I ever become a parent.

As a Mom and grandma, I'll tell you. They are always one step ahead on the emotional blackmail.
Remember they spend the first few years of their lives just observing you. Getting their needs met without being able to speak.
If parents had the time to just stare and observe their kids for 2 years we may stand a chance. But we are to busy meeting those needs to do that.
There is no escape we love our kids and their happiness and success means everything.
And I'm 52, I'm really, really old. But I love talking with all the kids on AA. Their enthusiasm is contagious. Thank you all for bringing it here to AA.
I still wish my parents would help pay for my hobbies, LOL, no such luck.

As a Mom and grandma, I'll tell you. They are always one step ahead on the emotional blackmail.
Remember they spend the first few years of their lives just observing you. Getting their needs met without being able to speak.
If parents had the time to just stare and observe their kids for 2 years we may stand a chance. But we are to busy meeting those needs to do that.
There is no escape we love our kids and their happiness and success means everything.

One thing I know for sure is if I become a parent, I'm not going to be a pushover at all. I'm very "type A", so I'd like to see a child try to pull some emotional blackmail with me. :p They'll know better than to even try.

One thing I know for sure is if I become a parent, I'm not going to be a pushover at all. I'm very "type A", so I'd like to see a child try to pull some emotional blackmail with me. :p They'll know better than to even try.

LoL,LOL,LOL. I am a control freak, I make a list to plan making a list. It's a big joke in my family. But none of that stuff means anything when you become a parent. It's all utter chaos from birth, actually it's chaos before birth and during birth too.
Do you know the saying "life is what happens while your making plans".
That's kids, they are all life and through all your plans out the window.
You'll plan a great fun filled family vaca to say Hawaii and the day before the flight one of your kids will need a tonsillectomy that can't wait. Now it's a no fun at all stay at home worrying about your child being under anesthesia vaca.
Then you see them in so much pain you'll do anything to make it better.
And now your the biggest push over that ever lived.
It's about love that you can't explain.
Now in the rest of my life it's a different story.
Before my injury, I was a mixed martial artist. I taught self defence classes to teens that were recovering from abuse. I took the state of Ca. to court (without a lawyer) and won. So I'm really no push over.
Our children are different than the rest of the world, and they should be.
I'd love to hear what you'd say after your a parent. I really hope we are still here on AA.

Back
Top Bottom