Should I upgrade to a Fluval?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Joyler said:
Well, I guess I'll have to put that on the list! Did he just dump a package into the HOB?

That's why I'm interested in a Fluval or other similar item. They have a compartment specifically for it. I figure you could maybe put some in a mesh bag and fit it into the HOB. Goodnight everyone! It's 3am my time...falling asleep on top of my iPad, lol.

I picked it up on e-bay last year with a broken canister, everything else was brand new. Figured to swap off a load of extra BN pleco's at the lfs for a replacement canister. Somebody goofed, and I ended up with a 2217 canister, too big for the 2215 pump head, etc. The lfs told me to ship it back to eheim for an exchange, but they're in Canada, so the shipping cost was too much to be worthwhile. (Still have the 2217 canister.) I finally ran across a used 2215 with a bad motor, and bought that for the sake of the canister. In the meantime I set the tank the 2215 was intended for with an aquaclear 110 hob, so the 2215 is a spare. The green hose hasn't even been cut, and all the new media is included. I have another 2215 and an air-driven hydrosponge filter running a heavily stocked 40 gallon tank, works very well.
The eheim canister doesn't have compartments, you can pile anything you like in there. There are sponges to separate different types of media. I prefer aquaclear hob's for convenience of cleaning because I typically have heavily stocked tanks. A couple of them are set too close to the wall though, so I use canisters on those.

Wow...I think I'll have to re-read this post tomorrow! Lol...so much info, for accidentally wakin up...lol

Back
Top Bottom