Should I worry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flip_lx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok as of late my gold algae eater has been swimming with my tetras. I'm talking schooling with my 6 tetras for 2-5mins or so as the make their laps around the tank. Then he has spurts off to normal hovering/laying over gravel, driftwood and tank glass. I've never seen a sukermouth fish do this before is my fish having an identity crisis or is the premise of something?

Hes eating fine: algae in the tank with some algae waffers(he lets em sit for a half day then they have about 75% missing the next morning)

any ideas?

It's possible he is attracted to the slime coat of the other fish and might try to turn parasitic against the other fish in the tank, but its too soon to tell. Since he's eating the algae wafers (or so you assume :) ), its possible he just wants to hang out with the gang.

yeah i've seen the slime coat issue with one of my brothers old plecos. most the time hes "normal" but sometimes i walk by and hes out schooling with the tetras(not making an moves towards their bodies) just like a 7th fish at the lower end of the school. its quite humorus watching him try to keep up.

Back
Top Bottom