Show me your 10 Gallon Planted tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saikit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm new to the hobby of aquarscraping and aquarium in general. But lately, I've been looking at some of Takashi Amano's tanks and they are breathtaking!

Do you guys have any tanks that are inspired by Amano? If so, please show me some pictures of your tank. If not, I'd still be happy to see your 10G planted tank.

Here's a question: what plant does Amano use for the ground level of most of his tanks (It's like a carpet of green grass).

And I also saw some of his step-by-step instructions. I noticed that for some of Amano's tanks, he doesn't fill up the tank with water until the very last step. That's creative.

I believe Amano uses a lot of Echinodorus tenellus as a "lawn", also hairgrass and Glossostigma as carpet plants.

My 10g is certainly not to Amano's standards, and also was just set up so hasn't grown in at all, but here it is. It's awaiting the arrival of its occupants, red cherry shrimp.
P1080767.JPG

Here is an older shot, it was taken down for a while and re-set up as above. Same rocks, although less of them, and same Java fern.
P1070708.JPG

I've got a link in my signature with pictures of my 10 gallon as it's evolved. Feel free to check it out.

Mines a mess with no scape currently, I have been wanting to change the reg blue gravel substrate for something else but have not.

This is an old pic:
img_911875_0_2e70a48f6de7061fea3372a2fbb65c39.jpg

Mine? Yes its Wisteria.

Its much larger now even after trimming the top and throwing it out, 3-4 full stems, its in the middle of my 55G now.

Funny how pictures bring you into reality, looking back now my plants really have grown, i have just moved them around so much that it doesnt seem like they are growing much, lol

I just got a 10g, looking for lights for it. Also, not looking to spend too much, max being $50. What lights do you all use? Thanks.

Great looking tanks everyone!

Chinoanoah, what are your plans for your tank? That will determine how much light you need.

Chinoanoah, what are your plans for your tank? That will determine how much light you need.

My plans are to keep 2 GBR's with driftwood and some plants that will attach. I guess low-to-mid lighting.

I have done my own research and found that I can swap out the incandescents for "GE cool daylight 40's" which are, like said above, CFLs.

I will be doing that shortly!

I would start with 2x 13-15 watt bulbs, then once its been going awhile go to 2x 20w bulbs if they fit

Most will say "daylight", those are the ones you are looking for. "Daylight" normally means either 5,000K or 6,500K for this type of bulb(CFL). K is Kelvin rating, shoot for 5,000-10,000K.

It should say on the bulb itself or packaging, if not try looking at the manufacturers website

GE makes "daylight" spiral bulbs in 15,20,25w

I have been using these Feit daylight bulbs on my 10G, the 13w and the 23w.
Walgreens used to have a 4pack for $10, now they only sell the 3pack for $8 just like Menards:
Daylight 60 Light Bulb | Feit Electric | Walgreens

Back
Top Bottom