Show me your Blue Acara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rivers2k

Aquarium Advice Addict
Blue Acara's seem to be getting more and more popular around me. I have yet to make up my mind on them. Seem to be cool little fish. Problem is I never see any that have blue on them? If you have a nice acara I would love to see yours.

12111606495_af15af8c39_c.jpg

my electric blue, awesome fish very chill and friendly!

cool looking I have never seen the electric blue either.

Same here, walked into a pet store not known for fish and couldn't resist! at $25 they are a bit pricey but Its more unique than anything else ive seen available for me.

Yeah they are unique by me also they are getting more and more common though. Only problem is I can't find any that are blue hahaha. Wonder if they exist.

My blue acara hides a lot but I'll try to get a pic of him

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391045694.193775.jpg

Sorry about the blurry water I'm gonna water change this weekend the acara is a juvu

Oh my.... that electric blue acara is stunning!!
How big do they get and whats the minimum size tank for them? Do they have issues like electric blue jack dempsey?
The standard blue acaras dont seem very colorful to be honest. Maybe its just a boring batch my lfs has though..
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

8mo ago got my first tank. 29g tiger barbs. Loved it so much after 5mo upgraded to a 75g! I am in the process of slowly stocking. Really want a variety of color. Right now have 5 tiger barbs and 5 emerald barbs. 2 rosey barbs, 2 denisoni barbs, 2 loplo catfish and my favorite an electric blue Acara. Water checks weekly with water changes. Parameters are all great. Went to store I've been working with and the got some baby electric blue acaras in. Mine is about 2 1/2 in long definitely a male. Not sure if I should get another. The have a pair in one of their tanks and they look awesome. Haven had any aggression issues, and with them being so small not able to determine sex yet. Do you think it's safe to put two together if the new one turns out to be male two? Will they get along or am I asking for trouble? Advise would be appreciated!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396195706.923659.jpg

Back
Top Bottom