Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well since my last post....my betta population has exploded pics to come..... We have added Gottfried (male half-moon and very purple) Guinevere (Female half-moon Red Blue turquoise) And today Thor came home from his dark, horrible imprisonment at [store]. He was on a dark, back shelf...(Male crowntail, my first!. Red Blue and purple) He is still acclimating'
Also very Pretty Bettas here thanks for showing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well since my last post....my betta population has exploded pics to come..... We have added Gottfried (male half-moon and very purple) Guinevere (Female half-moon Red Blue turquoise) And today Thor came home from his dark, horrible imprisonment at Wal-mart. He was on a dark, back shelf...(Male crowntail, my first!. Red Blue and purple) He is still acclimating'
Also very Pretty Bettas here thanks for showing!

Can't wait to see pics!! Love ur new guys name 'Thor' excellent for a betta :)

Here are my two betas. I just got the blue one this week. Sorry for the water stains!

img_2380125_0_b682ffbfed93c81431169f9f41c24294.jpg

img_2380125_1_0894265b0b9cc25b338ef649330066b1.jpg

This guy will be heading my way in a few days, just ordered him on aquabid! I'm so excited!

image-1925581487.jpg

Who knows

That's so amazing. How did you get this to work?? It'd be awesome!

Beats me lol. At first I thought it was because of the vast space of the 30 gallons for them but they're either swimming together or separatey exploring the tank. I think they see each other different. The dragonscale is the "boss" of the tank, so he usually flares at everyone. He's all talk but no action :) He never attacks. He does like to follow the black molly around a lot and flare and sort of rub each other. Like they're playing. Pretty cool.

The other betta never flares at any one so I threw in another betta (the sickly red guy) just to see what might happen and both were constantly flaring until they flung at each other and I took out the little red guy quick. Dragonscale never even batted an eye, he just kept looking at me.

So it must be the type of betta. Although all bettas are essentially the same, no? Beats me :cool:

My new boy. Started him this weekend in a 1.5 gallon, but the filter kept sucking his fins, so I bought him a 5.5 g with a better filter and moved him today

He has not eaten yet. When should I be worried?

He loves his little fake cave. Lays in it all the time.

Attachments

• image-370250408.jpg
    image-370250408.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 167
My new boy. Started him this weekend in a 1.5 gallon, but the filter kept sucking his fins, so I bought him a 5.5 g with a better filter and moved him today

He is sure pretty :) He is fine & will eat when ready. He is just getting use to his new home ;)

Betta fry

One of my three week old fry... Only 2 survived :( but theses 2 are growing quick... Fingers crossed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Never seen baby bettas. Good luck and hope to see more pixes!

I will be sure to post new photos as they grow... It's the first time Ive had fry... I had the bubble nest in a breeding box as I didn't have anything else when they hatched they where so small they fell out the small slits into the main tank and got eaten :( I put white filter over holes and these 2 have survived so far they are 3 times bigger now but still less than 1 cm long... I'm so excited lol

He is amazing

Back
Top Bottom