Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is my betta Milton :)

He is a platinum rose tail and the prettiest betta I have owned! He is fairly shy and swims like crazy if someone approaches the tank too fast for his liking.

We're currently having issues as he has somehow managed to split his tail in a few small places ugh! Stress coat here we come!

Attachments

• image-800615764.jpg
    image-800615764.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1230796486.jpg
    image-1230796486.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 82
New acquisitions coming soon! The males each have a spawn female coming with them too! So excited! So six fish total! 4 females and 2 males. :)

Bought them off of

Facebook.com/premiumbettas

Great seller!

Attachments

• image-2057426692.jpg
    image-2057426692.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 73
  • image-4274904721.jpg
    image-4274904721.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 67
  • image-2760086673.jpg
    image-2760086673.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3421375528.jpg
    image-3421375528.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 67
I got this betta about 4 days ago and when I got him (photo of him in the petsmart cup) he had some fin rot and ammonia burns and he was rather white. Today I've noticed some dark splotches on his body and tail. He's very energetic, much more so than whe I first got him. Should I be concerned about the splotches?

Attachments

• image-3572835165.jpg
    image-3572835165.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 71
  • image-378906223.jpg
    image-378906223.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image-2811014198.jpg
    image-2811014198.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 72
  • image-916026907.jpg
    image-916026907.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 88
I got this betta about 4 days ago and when I got him (photo of him in the petsmart cup) he had some fin rot and ammonia burns and he was rather white. Today I've noticed some dark splotches on his body and tail. He's very energetic, much more so than whe I first got him. Should I be concerned about the splotches?

Looks like a marble to me. Maybe now that he's happy he's showing Color?

Looks like a marble to me. Maybe now that he's happy he's showing Color?

I hope that's what's going on. He's eating good and very playful now. One of the long fins that hang down from his belly was almost completely gone when I first got him. It's healed up pretty quickly. I hope he continues to do well and those splotches are just me being paranoid... Maybe they are just his color returning :)

I hope that's what's going on. He's eating good and very playful now. One of the long fins that hang down from his belly was almost completely gone when I first got him. It's healed up pretty quickly. I hope he continues to do well and those splotches are just me being paranoid... Maybe they are just his color returning :)

The same thing happened when I bought a white betta and gave him a better home, so I would assume for the better. Except mine has kinda salmon pink splotches :)

It looks like marbling to me too. The fun thing about marbled bettas is they don't stop changing color!

What?! That's so cool! I didn't know that marbled bettas don't stop changing colors :)

Apparently the marble gene doesn't turn off and leads to the pattern pretty much changing throughout the fish's life. Although sadly this means that sometimes what was a beautiful pattern will end up changing into one ugly fish, lol. Btw, is your username referencing what I think its referencing?

Apparently the marble gene doesn't turn off and leads to the pattern pretty much changing throughout the fish's life. Although sadly this means that sometimes what was a beautiful pattern will end up changing into one ugly fish, lol. Btw, is your username referencing what I think its referencing?

That's awesome :) Um well Amorette means 'little love' in Latin and a Cadenza is a free solo in a piece of music (I'm a flute player). That's what I got it from... :0 I use this username for pretty much everything...

That's awesome :) Um well Amorette means 'little love' in Latin and a Cadenza is a free solo in a piece of music (I'm a flute player). That's what I got it from... :0 I use this username for pretty much everything...

Haha, so it's not.
There's a character in the new my little pony series named amore cadenza. A friend if mine is a bit obsessed, lol.

Haha, so it's not.
There's a character in the new my little pony series named amore cadenza. A friend if mine is a bit obsessed, lol.

D: I had no idea... I don't watch it but I see the characters a lot. I've never heard of Amore Cadenza.

I just got this gorgeous guy today! He's a peachy color with red specks in his fins! Under the light at the pet store he had a shine of blue outlining / hi lighting in his fins too! Sooo pretty! :)

Attachments

• image-585698720.jpg
    image-585698720.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 73
This is Cyrill, he's an elephant ear. He's named after Cyrill on the show Archer, because he was never able to tie the knot when I was trying to breed him with my female (Launa)

Attachments

• CAM00053.jpg
    CAM00053.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 133
  • CAM00058.jpg
    CAM00058.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 126
This is Cyrill, he's an elephant ear. He's named after Cyrill on the show Archer, because he was never able to tie the knot when I was trying to breed him with my female (Launa)
Sorry that first one is so cloudy, that was the day I had to refill the tank because I got a new stand.

Back
Top Bottom