Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been thinking lately of getting some Imbellis too! Maybe in a few months.

Does anyone know if Imbellis females can share a sorority tank with splendens females?

Ok, I'm really behind now, what's the difference between splendens and imbellis ?! I've only heard of betta splendens.

I've been thinking lately of getting some Imbellis too! Maybe in a few months.

Does anyone know if Imbellis females can share a sorority tank with splendens females?

From what I've read and researched, yes, they can be kept in sororities, plus, if planted right, can house an alpha and a beta (ha ha) male....but I wouldn't mix males

Ok, I'm really behind now, what's the difference between splendens and imbellis ?! I've only heard of betta splendens.

Imbellis is more of the wild type of betta, I believe they get slightly larger in body than Splendens with smaller fins.

Imbellis is more of the wild type of betta, I believe they get slightly larger in body than Splendens with smaller fins.

Wow so I was just doing some research online and read they call the imbellis bettas the "peaceful betta" and that they can actually live together!...??

Wow so I was just doing some research online and read they call the imbellis bettas the "peaceful betta" and that they can actually live together!...??

Yes, but because of their parameter fluctuations and that they are usually wild caught they aren't very well documented in the aquarium trade... Though they are becoming more popular in the planted tank world... Enough to get my attention and make me want to try out a school.

Just found an iridescent veil tale male at petco and I don't think I can leave him! He's like a perfect match for my iridescent female at home... So pretty

Just found an iridescent veil tale male at petco and I don't think I can leave him! He's like a perfect match for my iridescent female at home... So pretty

;-) I've seen a few dragonscale and double tails in my local pet chain stores that are literally every color of the rainbow.... But I already have a tank with a dominant and a subordinate male and an alpha female, the female is an odd crowntail giant the makes are a deltatail male and an elephant ear Halfmoon.....

;-) I've seen a few dragonscale and double tails in my local pet chain stores that are literally every color of the rainbow.... But I already have a tank with a dominant and a subordinate male and an alpha female, the female is an odd crowntail giant the makes are a deltatail male and an elephant ear Halfmoon.....

So I got him! Lol
Pics to come ...

My new guy, not quite sure about a name yet. Need some ideas. (The girl I have is named Sashimi) ;)

image-1993387498.jpg

image-4220427528.jpg

image-2896306742.jpg

Some of my new babies and their respective parents.

Attachments

• image-2710583150.jpg
    image-2710583150.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 130
Back
Top Bottom