Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He keeps managing to get stuck on the intake of the filter, it doesn't look like its sucking him in terribly but his fins get pulled against it, I've seen him manage to get off of the intake so I guess it's okay..

I would put filter pad around the intake or put on a pre filter sponge before he gets injured.

Yeah I was thinking to put something infront of it but in wasnt sure if it would affect the way it filters?

It's the type of filter that's built into the tank so it has some little cuts missing from the backing to where the water flows into it if you get my idea.
I stuck a leaf to it to block it a little before I went to work so ill see how he's fairing when I get home :)

Yeah I was thinking to put something infront of it but in wasnt sure if it would affect the way it filters?

It's the type of filter that's built into the tank so it has some little cuts missing from the backing to where the water flows into it if you get my idea.
I stuck a leaf to it to block it a little before I went to work so ill see how he's fairing when I get home :)

You could cut a little pad of bulk filter and tie the corners with a needle (maybe a curved one) and fishing line around the slits. Just a thought.

Let me know what u figure out the works I have a 2.5 gal built like tht and am considering adding a Betta
I just have a snail in it now

Well Milton was perfect when I got home, I'm not going to baffle it because he seems fine with it, I'll add some thick plants infront of it just in vase though :)

He is getting better with the current, maybe he just needs to build some strength!!

My daughter's betta, Rain

I know, most of you are going to say "typical hollywood name" but my 7-yo figured the fish was blue, it's name should be rain. Can't argue with that.

He is currently in a no-tech candle jar measuring around 3/4 gallon. He has an Anubias nana that breaks the surface along with some Subwassertang (just replaced c. demersum) and Pistia stratiotes on the surface.
20130825_192016.jpg

Our plan is to move him to a larger vessel at some point, maybe even a tech-y bio cube type setup, but I like the simple happiness of a healthy fish in a "planted" jar :D

Here's a no-tech planted betta tank thread at TPT

Last edited:
Here are my two new boys! I have no idea what to name them so anything will help!

The second male is so unbelievably purple. Those pictures don't do him any justice. Same with the first male. They're absolutely gorgeous!

I LOVE the red, white and blue one! So pretty!!!
Just a thought for the name...
Patriot... Being the colors and all ;)

I know, most of you are going to say "typical hollywood name" but my 7-yo figured the fish was blue, it's name should be rain. Can't argue with that.

He is currently in a no-tech candle jar measuring around 3/4 gallon. He has an Anubias nana that breaks the surface along with some Subwassertang (just replaced c. demersum) and Pistia stratiotes on the surface.

Our plan is to move him to a larger vessel at some point, maybe even a tech-y bio cube type setup, but I like the simple happiness of a healthy fish in a "planted" jar :D

Here's a no-tech planted betta tank thread at TPT

I like your little set up! Very simple but clean and pretty!

Got a new one today! I will post pics when I figure out where to put him. Going to be a temp tank for tonight until I can get a 10 gal running tomorrow. I am far too tired to do it now - I just got home after 8 hours on my feet at work plus another two at Walmart and picking up dinner.

I should have learned by now not to look at the bettas after a rough day at work! I just can't help myself if I see a nice one.

img_2636126_0_baf30db97201bbd4f2777cb2c0bf23b6.jpg

img_2636126_1_f7bf88c1854983a0e1c46b0e1746c208.jpg

30 gallon sorority tank with two Chinese algae eaters, a Mexican dwarf crayfish, and two boys temporarily housed in the back.

Can't see the pic on my mobile, but I'm sure its lovely.

How long have you had all these species together successfully? I have a pair of CAEs I wonder about combining with species...

Can't see the pic on my mobile, but I'm sure its lovely.

How long have you had all these species together successfully? I have a pair of CAEs I wonder about combining with species...

I've had everybody except the crayfish together since March. I would suggest only one algae eater per tank though, as they can pick on each other.

So far, the crayfish isn't bothered by the betta females, and the algae eaters know that if they get too close they will get pinched. So, so far everything is going okay!

I've had everybody except the crayfish together since March. I would suggest only one algae eater per tank though, as they can pick on each other.

So far, the crayfish isn't bothered by the betta females, and the algae eaters know that if they get too close they will get pinched. So, so far everything is going okay!

What are you feeding the crayfish? Besides slower fish :cool:

I really like the idea of a kurmudgenly Cambarellus patzcuarensis in our 6G Cyl Tank tank... the driftwood has a chasm that runs the length that would be a perfect cave for a little orange beast like that :)

I'm sure our tetras would be ok, but I wonder about our otocinclus as they tend to hang out wherever they stop moving...

I LOVE the red, white and blue one! So pretty!!!
Just a thought for the name...
Patriot... Being the colors and all ;)

I used to have a red white and ble named patriot ironically he used right before Fourth of July :(

Betta bowl upgrade

Our betta seems so pensive in the candle jar that I felt bad enough to go to TJMax this weekend and get him a larger candle jar!

This one measures a bit more than a gallon and stands 7.5" tall x 7" wide
20130903_110639.jpg

We just moved over all the adornments with him and a 50% wc... he seems happier with no corners!

Our betta seems so pensive in the candle jar that I felt bad enough to go to TJMax this weekend and get him a larger candle jar!

This one measures a bit more than a gallon and stands 7.5" tall x 7" wide

We just moved over all the adornments with him and a 50% wc... he seems happier with no corners!

If the water isn't warm enough for him, this could also be the reason for that. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom