Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Closest to purple ever seen 5$ at Petsmart had to buy lol

image-3430185552.jpg looks more purple in person

Attachments

• image-1663981989.jpg
    image-1663981989.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 88
  • image-2743489407.jpg
    image-2743489407.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 83
Had bad accident while transporting his tank spilt out completely In car . Stopped I middle of road and squeezed water from 6 month old filters I got to try help finish my tank cycle for 10 an 29 gal got home in 15 min and have fresh treated water added Melafix

That's ok... I got in a car wreck bringing a betta home last December. His cup spilled completely, and was refilled with tap water as it was better than nothing. The guys that caused the accident were nice enough to fill his cup back up. Then he got to wait in chlorinated water until we were done with the accident report. He was fine and lived until a couple months ago, when he died of unknown causes.

If anyone is interested, I've got 3 male imports and 3 female imports that I would like to get new homes for cheap! About 1/2 price of what it originally cost me. PM me for details. Trying to get them sold before winter comes.

Looks more purple in person depending on lighting
image-2617254775.jpg

Attachments

• image-1036960061.jpg
    image-1036960061.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 73
  • image-422277908.jpg
    image-422277908.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 88
If anyone is interested, I've got 3 male imports and 3 female imports that I would like to get new homes for cheap! About 1/2 price of what it originally cost me. PM me for details. Trying to get them sold before winter comes.

I wish but I don't have the money lol my roomates think 7 is to many lol
I finally have names for all my males

That's a beautiful set of females you have there Aurora! My gf is planning on setting up a sorority tank sometime in the near future. How has your experience been with it so far?

Heres a few of mine. The first one was my pride and joy. I had him for around 3 years and enjoyed every minute of it. The second(horrible quality) pics are of my newest one trying to get down a ghost shrimp that's way too big for his mouth. I thought i was going to have to get it out myself but he eventually spit it out on it own. My gf rescued him from Walmart and ive been trying to get him back to full health. Hes in an old scratched up acrylic tank so its impossible to get good pics of him.

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 0917131628a.jpg
    0917131628a.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 0917131628.jpg
    0917131628.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 80
That's a beautiful set of females you have there Aurora! My gf is planning on setting up a sorority tank sometime in the near future. How has your experience been with it so far?

Heres a few of mine. The first one was my pride and joy. I had him for around 3 years and enjoyed every minute of it. The second(horrible quality) pics are of my newest one trying to get down a ghost shrimp that's way too big for his mouth. I thought i was going to have to get it out myself but he eventually spit it out on it own. My gf rescued him from Walmart and ive been trying to get him back to full health. Hes in an old scratched up acrylic tank so its impossible to get good pics of him.

I have one like your first pic but purple with some red and blue

Attachments

• image-3764340611.jpg
    image-3764340611.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 94
Lost one of my males today don't know what was wrong with him but all the water params are fine...now I have pretty empty ten gallon tank with just two hasbrosus corries

I am tempted to try breeding or a female sorority if my mom gives me her ten gal and stand after she sets up her 20 gal hermit crab tank

How come ? Can't I just keep all babies in ten gal til they are bigger? I have an extra 1 gal for a female which is all I need to buy if I breed I have 7 males I seperate 1 gal tanks . Do Betta have more male or female fry?

How come ? Can't I just keep all babies in ten gal til they are bigger? I have an extra 1 gal for a female which is all I need to buy if I breed I have 7 males I seperate 1 gal tanks . Do Betta have more male or female fry?

You could, but remember that they could have more than 50 or 100 babies. So if you do, space might get cramped. Male to female fry ratio varies in every spawn.

Back
Top Bottom