Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there anything I can add in with my Betta? I tried a snail and he ate it :( He is in a 2.5g with a built in filter.

Is there anything I can add in with my Betta? I tried a snail and he ate it :( He is in a 2.5g with a built in filter.
Not really. Maybe a few shrimp, but that is hit or miss if he will eat them or not. IMO, bettas are more combative with tankmates of any variety in smaller spaces generally.

My betta is best friends with my apple snail. My crowntail will actually sleep on his shell when hes at the top of the tank at night.

My Mexican Dwarf Crayfish seems to hold is own quite well In my sorority tank. There are arguments over food, but if a fish gets too close, he gives them a quick snap of the claw, and that's that! They have learned to keep their distance.

Here's a few pics of him and the girls. In the whole tank shot he's on the moss ball on the bottom near the right.

Attachments

• image-1003784096.jpg
    image-1003784096.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 101
  • image-426092328.jpg
    image-426092328.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 96
  • image-476624130.jpg
    image-476624130.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 99
  • image-1649033149.jpg
    image-1649033149.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 93
My new "Big Ear" Plakat male. Name ideas? I would please not like to name him Dumbo! Haha!

Clark Gable had big ears. So did Fred Astaire. You could also try googling "celebrities with big ears."

Attachments

• Clark_Gable_13.jpg
    Clark_Gable_13.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 86
  • fred-astaire-757532l.jpg
    fred-astaire-757532l.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 86
My Mexican Dwarf Crayfish seems to hold is own quite well In my sorority tank. There are arguments over food, but if a fish gets too close, he gives them a quick snap of the claw, and that's that! They have learned to keep their distance.

Here's a few pics of him and the girls. In the whole tank shot he's on the moss ball on the bottom near the right.

I know you said this, but I cannot remember, could you please remind me on the specifics of your sorority tank super fast? It looks so great, and the fish you have look excellent. They are colorful and look super healthy. You rarely see a good, well maintained sorority. :)

I know you said this, but I cannot remember, could you please remind me on the specifics of your sorority tank super fast? It looks so great, and the fish you have look excellent. They are colorful and look super healthy. You rarely see a good, well maintained sorority. :)

-30 Gallon Tank, live plants, decorative rock formations and gravel, (hiding places/territories!) one Mexican dwarf crayfish, two Chinese algae eaters (I would suggest only one per tank), 8 female Bettas.

Prince Vincent of Scooftopia.

1380076_734188566598233_1312487564_n.jpg

This is Alfred ( as in Alfred from batman)! He's about a year or year and a Half old, he has lived with tetras, platy fry, and now a male platy!

image-1894067815.jpg

(Btw this is about 2 months old, pre-remodel, ill post more tonight)

Here is my beta on my computer desk. I bought this tank in petsmart its apparently brand new and never been on shelves before.. Made by top fin was $40.. Glass tank VERY sleek looking I love the way it looks.. Comes with a internal top fin filter. and a 15 LED light... With a top.. Great tank... 2.6 gallons..

I got a really cool looking beta too.. I loved his deep blue and emerald colors.. I didn't realize he had a black head though and my rock selection was simply because it was left over rocks I had from my other tanks... It turned out really nice because he his half black and blue lol... Im using my roman ornaments and my Java fern and moss ball from my 55g.. Since they don't need much light to grow and I figure this WHITE LED isn't really good for plants... I also bought him a small cave ornament for him to hide in.. He has the personality to where he loves to swim in the tank and also he seems to love to fight the slow current my filter makes I dunno why but he always goes to exhaust and swims around it.. Then he goes to his cave and sticks his black head out like a shark or an eel. He is pretty cool. Im deciding if I should get a small heater though.. My 5.5g Beta tank is a typical rectangle glass tank and it has one because being downstairs the temps would get in the 60's.. This tank is upstairs in my room and I noticed during the day when I have the pump on it gets around 78f, when I turn it off at night so I can sleep temps go to 72f in the morning..

The third pic you can see him hiding in his cave

img_2696137_0_cab8fbbfd8d2feb2e7d61ca7f8d24856.jpg

img_2696137_1_d2c348ec3a3ac067844e113147f7d70f.jpg

img_2696137_2_c09dd48343b902a8cd5d1ce955bac3fe.jpg

Here's a shot of one of two big ear females I have.

Update on the big ear males name: A friend decided to name him "Master Betta". I apologize for the bad taste, but it still made me laugh. :)

Attachments

• image-1084752465.jpg
    image-1084752465.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 108
Oh! And I also purchased a brand new 45 gallon bow front aquarium to replace the leaky 30 gallon my sorority lived in. (Currently temporarily stuck in a 20 gallon, can you say "nipped fins"?) I am very excited to set it up and will post pictures of the tank with the ladies when it's ready!!!

(Sample product picture)

Attachments

• image-4013698621.jpg
    image-4013698621.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 155
I was JUST at petsmart when I found this gorgeous guy. I would buy him in an instant if I had room. I have a 2 gallon but I just feel like that's so small.

Attachments

• image-4119432153.jpg
    image-4119432153.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 141
I keep my betta in a 2.5, he's been doing great forever! I'll try and get a pic as soon as I can get home. And that betta is amazing. I've never seen one like that.

Thank you for responding! Now I'm definitely going to pick him up tomorrow when they open. He's so beautiful. His body is so electric blue. I'm literally in love. <3

You're going to have one unique betta that's for sure! I bet with good food and care that guy'll color up amazingly. That gold and black should really stand out after some conditioning!

image-3678482904.jpg Full shot of my tank with him flaring.
image-1795982637.jpg
My betta sorta half flaring.
image-1104484179.jpg
Full flare, he's a good poser.
image-4100209802.jpg
Nice shot of his nice tail.

Back
Top Bottom