Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone know where I can get a vase about 2-3 gallons? I'd like to get another betta but do something different. Thinking about setting one of my 10gs up since the weather is too cold to get fish shipped in, and I have some money to spend! Not sure I have enough though... But I want more Bettas...

I haven't gotten him yet but I need y'all's opinion, should I get another betta? He will have his own tank not sure in the size yet but I saw him yesterday and I want him. He's a greenish blueish silvery color....

Can you have too many? If you can afford to feed him and the care to the needs of the water and tank then why not. Smaller tanks are pretty easy to take care of in my opinion. Sounds gorgeous!!!

Anyone know where I can get a vase about 2-3 gallons? I'd like to get another betta but do something different. Thinking about setting one of my 10gs up since the weather is too cold to get fish shipped in, and I have some money to spend! Not sure I have enough though... But I want more Bettas...

Try a craft store, such as Joanne's

Can you have too many? If you can afford to feed him and the care to the needs of the water and tank then why not. Smaller tanks are pretty easy to take care of in my opinion. Sounds gorgeous!!!

My dad thinks I can but I don't! I wanna keep him in my room next to my bed

My dad thinks I can but I don't! I wanna keep him in my room next to my bed

I suggest a 3G or more. Also some Ramshorn snails, if your new one is tolerant. I had more fun watching the snails at night when I had my 2.5G next to my bedside. Reason I comment about 3G, is that it just seemed not quite enough room once I got the rocks, plants, moss, etc all growing in. Also if you have a mellow Betta, an Amano shrimp or 2. So fun to watch.

Good luck with thinking through your decision.

I suggest a 3G or more. Also some Ramshorn snails, if your new one is tolerant. I had more fun watching the snails at night when I had my 2.5G next to my bedside. Reason I comment about 3G, is that it just seemed not quite enough room once I got the rocks, plants, moss, etc all growing in. Also if you have a mellow Betta, an Amano shrimp or 2. So fun to watch.

Good luck with thinking through your decision.

I completely agree with this except for the snails. Go with nerite snails. ?

I got my new bowl from Walmart. Its around 2.5 gallons. Oh, and I agree about the snails. Go with nerites! They don't breed in freshwater

Sent from my XT1058 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Like... 5 bucks! It hasn't busted yet! Haha

Woops... First reply didn't show up until I had posted the second one... Eep

Going to Walmart tomorrow so I will look for one :) Thanks!!

Here are my 5 guys and gals. Going to build a stand for a 10g today, so I will be getting 2-3 more tomorrow. I'm in love with them! Lol.

First is my pink/purple dragon scale monkey face. He's a solidly built Betta, :lol: He needs a manly name since he has girly colors! I know his tank is dirty. I swished my filter media in there from a larger tank because it didn't cycle as fast as I thought it should. I've had him for almost 1 year. He had fin rot when I got him. He lives in a 5.5g by himself for the moment.

Second is my copper crown tail. He's super hard to get good pics if because of his color! I will upload some from photobucket later when I am on my laptop, and not my iPod. He doesn't have a name either. Non of them do, but I think they need them! He lives in a planted 5.5g with two ADF. I got him the same time I got the pink/purple one.

Second is my female, who is a murderer so she lives in a 20g long with my gold barbs. Not sure what tail type she is, I think they labeled her as crown tail. I've had her for...... Um... 7 months maybe??

Next is my yellow crowntail. I've had him for 3 weeks. FINALLY ate for the first time last night (blanched peas) treating him with API General Cure. He lives in a 7g rimless planted with Amano shrimp. Eventually I will get some Sundadanio Axelrodi for that tank as well.

Last is my newest one, I've had him for 2 weeks. The reason he is in the container he's in is because he had ich. That community tank also has ich, so I figured I would just treat him in there with the rest. He is a blue/green butterfly I believe. All my bettas besides the first two (from aquabid) are from Petco. Once the tank with ich is treated and clean for a while, he will most likely go into my other community tank. Sorry for the long post and picture spam :lol:

Attachments

• image-2984839936.jpg
    image-2984839936.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3370081763.jpg
    image-3370081763.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3014975087.jpg
    image-3014975087.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image-3951117780.jpg
    image-3951117780.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image-1257405684.jpg
    image-1257405684.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 70
  • image-1570877300.jpg
    image-1570877300.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 56
  • image-2350877846.jpg
    image-2350877846.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 66
  • image-2980819043.jpg
    image-2980819043.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 64
  • image-2290052491.jpg
    image-2290052491.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 64
  • image-753435581.jpg
    image-753435581.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3839744551.jpg
    image-3839744551.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 67
  • image-962650293.jpg
    image-962650293.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 57
  • image-46118299.jpg
    image-46118299.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 62
  • image-3615439203.jpg
    image-3615439203.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 57
  • image-750595749.jpg
    image-750595749.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 73
Going to Walmart tomorrow so I will look for one :) Thanks!!

Here are my 5 guys and gals. Going to build a stand for a 10g today, so I will be getting 2-3 more tomorrow. I'm in love with them! Lol.

First is my pink/purple dragon scale monkey face. He's a solidly built Betta, :lol: He needs a manly name since he has girly colors! I know his tank is dirty. I swished my filter media in there from a larger tank because it didn't cycle as fast as I thought it should. I've had him for almost 1 year. He had fin rot when I got him. He lives in a 5.5g by himself for the moment.

Second is my copper crown tail. He's super hard to get good pics if because of his color! I will upload some from photobucket later when I am on my laptop, and not my iPod. He doesn't have a name either. Non of them do, but I think they need them! He lives in a planted 5.5g with two ADF. I got him the same time I got the pink/purple one.

Second is my female, who is a murderer so she lives in a 20g long with my gold barbs. Not sure what tail type she is, I think they labeled her as crown tail. I've had her for...... Um... 7 months maybe??

Next is my yellow crowntail. I've had him for 3 weeks. FINALLY ate for the first time last night (blanched peas) treating him with API General Cure. He lives in a 7g rimless planted with Amano shrimp. Eventually I will get some Sundadanio Axelrodi for that tank as well.

Last is my newest one, I've had him for 2 weeks. The reason he is in the container he's in is because he had ich. That community tank also has ich, so I figured I would just treat him in there with the rest. He is a blue/green butterfly I believe. All my bettas besides the first two (from aquabid) are from Petco. Once the tank with ich is treated and clean for a while, he will most likely go into my other community tank. Sorry for the long post and picture spam :lol:[/

Name him after a super hero! I'm gonna start naming my males after the avengers

Back
Top Bottom