Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so gonna copy Walking Dead and build a wall of aquariums (in lieu of zombie heads). Each one will have a fierce lil dude in it! Ha!

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm so gonna copy Walking Dead and build a wall of aquariums (in lieu of zombie heads). Each one will have a fierce lil dude in it! Ha!

That's what my bf and I are talkingn about! When we move in together we are gonna have a million tanks! We have between the 2 of us 5 tanks

Everyone home in their own tanks!

Captain America ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391654554.296999.jpg

WolverineImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391654597.205639.jpg

Had a little mishap when we first got home... Walked in the door and my dog knocked both bettas outa my hand... Cups broke open and fish on the floor... They both seem to have recovered.

Oh man! Glad everyone is OK! Bad dog! Kidding. I won't tell my husband what you named your fish. Ours will end up being called Batman.

I decided to de-rim the 10gallon the new boys will be going in. Went well! Leak testing right now. Question for those of you with divided tanks. I am going to be using that plastic canvas. Would it be ok to attach it with suction cups?

I decided to de-rim the 10gallon the new boys will be going in. Went well! Leak testing right now. Question for those of you with divided tanks. I am going to be using that plastic canvas. Would it be ok to attach it with suction cups?

Maybe.

Some people use the plastic report spines and silicone then in place and slide the plastic into place.

When I had a divided tank the one just jumped over the barrier. Then he found a tiny gap and went over to the other side to see what was there, and found a big irritated Betta and spent the rest of the day pretending to be invisible until I got home and found him, after a little bit of looking, I might add, he did a good job laying low! Though after that we just moved them apart.

So my recommendation would be to put the divider high to as far up as you can go. AND, down into the substrate, I had one slip underneath as well, although I watched him do it so he didn't really get away with it. You said rimless, does that mean hoodless too? They are very good jumpers, even in good water. If so maybe a bunch of floaters to discourage them.

Last edited:
I got some great pics of the new guy! He lives in a planted, filtered, lit, and heated 2.5 bowl

Sent from my XT1058 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391720681925.jpg
    1391720681925.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 1391720695063.jpg
    1391720695063.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 1391720705213.jpg
    1391720705213.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 1391720717942.jpg
    1391720717942.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 73
I had him and another in a separated tank and the other one got through the separator and tried to fight him but he just hid, luckily I was in the room and them separated...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom