Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow your bettas are so beautiful!!

Have you tried Bettafix? I've heard it works wonders.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you, and no. I am very weary of using any "fix" medications with bettas because they contain an oil that can coat their gills and the surface of the water making it hard for them to breath.

I have seen some people have success with it, but I have also seen some people lose their bettas because of it. I don't feel comfortable taking that chance.

Yeah I've never used it either I just thought I might suggest it.

Here's my new betta! He is unnamed now so ideas are welcome! I got him from my LFS, in a container marked DS for dragon scale with no price, so I asked the the called him a regular female and he only cost $4.88!

I believe he is a Dragonscale Plakat because of his fin shape and his scales are iridescent IMO, any opinions???

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408044433.580995.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408044489.723927.jpg

-Jacob

Sent from my iPhone A1533 using Aquarium Advice

Here's my new betta! He is unnamed now so ideas are welcome! I got him from my LFS, in a container marked DS for dragon scale with no price, so I asked the the called him a regular female and he only cost $4.88!

I believe he is a Dragonscale Plakat because of his fin shape and his scales are iridescent IMO, any opinions???

View attachment 246756
View attachment 246757

-Jacob

Sent from my iPhone A1533 using Aquarium Advice

Can't completely see the body, but yes it looks like DS from what I can see, and very pretty color fins.

Found this awesome little guy at petsmart today! Twin tail half moon, he doesn't have a name yet. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408085777.116816.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408085790.202630.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408085811.948773.jpg

View attachment 245719

My beautiful betta fish I got yesterday! His colors are so beautiful and he was the most beautiful and cost only 3 dollars at PetSmart! But honestly I would have paid much more from him it hasn't even been 24 hours and I love him so much!! :)

I love it! It's beautiful!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408459979.558537.jpg

My betta, whose name is Fred, built this bubblenest overnight. Here is a picture of him.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408460018.318277.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408558585.746933.jpg
All of your Bettas are beautiful! Here's my Betta, Phish. I have had him about a week!

He's beautiful! I hope he lives a long, happy life :)

He's beautiful! I hope he lives a long, happy life :)

Thanks you so much! I am currently cycling a 10 gallon for him and can't wait to see him explore! He is in a temporary 3 gallon home at the time. I just loves his personality and bought him a lil earlier than I planned!

Thanks you so much! I am currently cycling a 10 gallon for him and can't wait to see him explore! He is in a temporary 3 gallon home at the time. I just loves his personality and bought him a lil earlier than I planned!

Lucky betta! Is the 10 gal just for him? My bettas are all in 2.5 or 3 gals, I just don't have the space for any bigger (and my parents wouldn't like more tanks either...)

This might be bad advice, but hear me out. I had my betta, Bruin, in a 1.5g cube that I changed every other day. After two weeks of watching him mope around, I went and got him a 10g and set it up with lots of plants and a fancy new LED light--and moved him in the same night. Obviously I was no stranger to water changes. So I figured a 10g will stay stable a little longer and I can do only %25 water changes every three days--more often if the chemistry gets too bad. And I couldn't bare to see him in his current tank any longer. He LOVED it and I'm glad I didn't waste the time to cycle the tank.

I agree it's best to fish out cycle. But it's not like his home was ever cycled so he could be in an uncycled tank either way. Now idk what your situation is maybe your 3G is cycled. Buuuuuut either way just an other point of view. And congrats on your beautiful fish and his 10 palace!

Sent from my iPhone

This might be bad advice, but hear me out. I had my betta, Bruin, in a 1.5g cube that I changed every other day. After two weeks of watching him mope around, I went and got him a 10g and set it up with lots of plants and a fancy new LED light--and moved him in the same night. Obviously I was no stranger to water changes. So I figured a 10g will stay stable a little longer and I can do only %25 water changes every three days--more often if the chemistry gets too bad. And I couldn't bare to see him in his current tank any longer. He LOVED it and I'm glad I didn't waste the time to cycle the tank.

I agree it's best to fish out cycle. But it's not like his home was ever cycled so he could be in an uncycled tank either way. Now idk what your situation is maybe your 3G is cycled. Buuuuuut either way just an other point of view. And congrats on your beautiful fish and his 10 palace!

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah the only reason I didn't do it yet is I can't get plants/decor until Friday and I figured is try to at least start the cycle! I can't wait to upgrade him!

Lucky betta! Is the 10 gal just for him? My bettas are all in 2.5 or 3 gals, I just don't have the space for any bigger (and my parents wouldn't like more tanks either...)

I might get an African dwarf frog too, but I need to read more about it. Some people say they will nip bettas tails.
You should just sneak in some 5 gallons in! :) Tell them they are crazy and that's how big they were the whole time! Lol.

I might get an African dwarf frog too, but I need to read more about it. Some people say they will nip bettas tails.
You should just sneak in some 5 gallons in! :) Tell them they are crazy and that's how big they were the whole time! Lol.

I would totally do that if only I had the space, sharing my room with my sister (and a 29 gal) in a NYC apartment makes it hard to squeeze anything in. As it is, my two bettas are living on the kitchen counter right now :eek:

Back
Top Bottom