Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wish I could find a full orange female for this guy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1410737994675.jpg
    1410737994675.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 117
Wish I could find a full orange female for this guy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Whoa he's amazing!!

I'm planning on breeding mine today my boy has built a nest probably 3 inch diameter it's huge

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

140728_0004.jpgThis is not a very good picture, but my boy, Gorgeous George, started out PINK. He is now a mixture of black, blue and green with white tips on his fins. The fins on this guy are so heavy he can't hold them up! ;) SHOOT! I cannot get photos to attach!

AHA! Finally! There he is!

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 250102This is not a very good picture, but my boy, Gorgeous George, started out PINK. He is now a mixture of black, blue and green with white tips on his fins. The fins on this guy are so heavy he can't hold them up! ;) SHOOT! I cannot get photos to attach!

He just needs some swim practice to get him stronger! :lol: That is a crazy color change.

Fishcottoncandybetta.jpgHey Autumn! Yes, I thought he was sick when he started changing color, because he was PURE PINK! I have him in a 5 gallon aquarium, so he gets plenty of swimming practice, but he does tend to rest his massive fins on a leaf hammock! This is what he looked like at first.

Last edited:
View attachment 250176Hey Autumn! Yes, I thought he was sick when he started changing color, because he was PURE PINK! I have him in a 5 gallon aquarium, so he gets plenty of swimming practice, but he does tend to rest his massive fins on a leaf hammock! This is what he looked like at first.

Wow that's a crazy color change!!

View attachment 250176Hey Autumn! Yes, I thought he was sick when he started changing color, because he was PURE PINK! I have him in a 5 gallon aquarium, so he gets plenty of swimming practice, but he does tend to rest his massive fins on a leaf hammock! This is what he looked like at first.

WOW!

Well I will tell an embarrassing story on me. I found a white Betta with red circles (think flag of Japan) in his tale and dorsal fin and anal fin. No kidding they were a bit oval but nearly a circle. A week later he was pure white. :eek:
Shocking!!! I thought the was a really specially patterned fish but then...NOT!

I think it was ammonia poisoning, looking back.

Your fish is really one of the most amazing. The Grizzle and Marble Bettas change color all their lives.

Funny, I thought he was sick when he first started getting black in his fins. I treated him for EVERY imaginable thing on the planet. Did HOURS and HOURS of research, trying to find what was WRONG with him, which is what led me to your site! I spent so much time *treating* him, that now if I'm not right on top of him I think he gets depressed! LOL!!! I DO love all my animals and fish. :)

Here are my girls, brought them home in may this year from petco. They were labeled as "baby betta" so at the time I did not know their gender & tail type. They have colored up so beautifully. The 1st girl is calm & smart. The 2nd girl has so much energy & likes to jump for her food.

Attachments

• 20140819_120906.jpg
    20140819_120906.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 20140914_113720.jpg
    20140914_113720.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 139
They're all so beautiful! I think my betta has a tumor so I'm cherishing him while I can :'(

Back
Top Bottom