Show Off Your Bow Front Tanks!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t.h327

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
45 Gallon fluval bow front. Home to:

6 Gold Barbs
6 Red Serpae Tetras
5 Glowlight Tetras
3 Neon Tetras
3 Peppered Corydoras
2 Female Guppies
1 Bristlenose Pleco
1 Blue Gourami
1 African Dwarf Frog

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391486129703.jpg
    1391486129703.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 293
My 72g

Stock is
4 baby Angels 2 Koi and 2 Silvers
1 Pearl Gourami
2 Siamese Algae Eaters
5 Cardinals 2 Neons 1 Glowlight Tetra
2 Black Skirt
6 Harlequin Rasboras
1 Rainbow shark
1 Spotted Raphael Cat
2 Clams
5 Albino BN Plecos
1 Bamboo Shrimp
A few Mystery snails

(several of the above fish, the incomplete groups, were from a rescue tank) I recently lost about 3 Cardinals and 3 Neons also :(

This is a little older pic and at the time there was a Crab and Mystery snail eggs so that is why the water level was low.
60074-albums11380-picture57008.jpg

Thanks Nat_a126! It's my pride and joy!!

Autumnsky LOVE It!!!
I've been at this over a year now and im starting to do some research on care of live plants... I tried it once before in one of my older smaller tanks but was unsuccessful. I love the natural look... Been keeping my eye out for a nice piece of driftwood at all my lfs but one hasn't caught my eye just yet. I'm very particular haha!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks Nat_a126! It's my pride and joy!!

Autumnsky LOVE It!!!
I've been at this over a year now and im starting to do some research on care of live plants... I tried it once before in one of my older smaller tanks but was unsuccessful. I love the natural look... Been keeping my eye out for a nice piece of driftwood at all my lfs but one hasn't caught my eye just yet. I'm very particular haha!

I totally get you, love the natural look! I don't really like seeing awkward neon pinks and yellow fake looking plants in tanks, but hey, everyone has their own opinion ?

Thanks for the kind words.

There are three big pieces of DW in there put together
60074-albums11380-picture49885.jpg

It took a long time to find good pieces I could afford. The two on each side were bought from members here and the center one was one I found! Each one soaked for months!!! It can be a lot of outlay for one piece, but since it really makes the tank, it is an investment for an amazing look. It is worth it!

The fake wood stump on the right was in there for my old Red tail shark but he is passed on now and I will be moving it but the Java Fern is now twice as big and grown onto the decoration!

Will enjoy seeing every ones style and designs on this thread.

Plants are great, and if you carefully select the right kinds to start out which are for your existing light conditions it is pretty easy. Failure is getting the wrong plants for light requirements, or fish that eat them, or uproot them, lol. After you get some feel for them, you can experiment. It can be addicting too! So watch out!!!

I also have a 16G bowfront, a 37 gallon non traditional curved front, and a 2.5G and a 5G acrylic bowfront, lol. They are my favorite as well as the Edge tanks :)

Agreed!! I havent had this tank long and alot of the plants I have are from old tanks which i used to fill in the empty space. I've debated using real sand as substrate but a good friend of mine who worked at a fish store urged me to stick with what I have. One day I plan to convert this into a marine setup!!

Agreed!! I havent had this tank long and alot of the plants I have are from old tanks which i used to fill in the empty space. I've debated using real sand as substrate but a good friend of mine who worked at a fish store urged me to stick with what I have. One day I plan to convert this into a marine setup!!

Changing to sand is pretty easy. Eco Complete is a good substrate for plants, if you end up going in that direction.

Marine tanks so pretty... some day when I have more time.:whistle:

Stock is
4 baby Angels 2 Koi and 2 Silvers
1 Pearl Gourami
2 Siamese Algae Eaters
5 Cardinals 2 Neons 1 Glowlight Tetra
2 Black Skirt
6 Harlequin Rasboras
1 Rainbow shark
1 Spotted Raphael Cat
2 Clams
5 Albino BN Plecos
1 Bamboo Shrimp
A few Mystery snails
Nice pictures in the 72G album in your profile. Some unusual shots. Sweet.

What do you use for fertilizer for your live plants... And what's your ph? An employee who works at one of my lfs said its hard to keep live plants alive with the water here cause the pH is out of whack... I feel like he is just speaking through his ***... But i dunno lol. I've got an Amazon sword that thrived for a long time and now it's slowly dying.

What do you use for fertilizer for your live plants... And what's your ph? An employee who works at one of my lfs said its hard to keep live plants alive with the water here cause the pH is out of whack... I feel like he is just speaking through his ***... But i dunno lol. I've got an Amazon sword that thrived for a long time and now it's slowly dying.

Give a root tab, they are root feeders.

I use a hard to find kind when it is available called Ferka Stemma and Ferka Rosetta. It is a great capsule fert you put under the substrate. Which reminds me I need to order some more. It comes from Thailand and can take a few weeks to get here, and they are sometimes out of stock.

I also use Aqueon Leaf Zone and Flourish liquids one kind once a week when I remember, lol. I am out of those too right now. :eek:

Though I am considering buying a gallon of glut and kinda making my own.

A little bowfront.

Here's a little guy. 16G bowfront.
Ac30 HOB, Marineland planted LED, 50w fluval heater.
PPS Pro & Glut
Flora:
Crypt wendti
Crypt parva
Ambulia
Anubia nana
Fauna:
2 albino corys
4 penquin tetras
2 ottos
1 pr GBR's. mated pair.

Attachments

• DSCF1106.jpg
    DSCF1106.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 241
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391831171.697417.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391831212.942158.jpg

72 now no longer set up mbuna tank - center brace broke! Moved to new 90 gal.

37 bow w 1 apisto, 1 orange laser Cory, 3 oto, 7 neon, 4 serpae, 3 lamp eye, and WAS 2 gbr that died recently.

Back
Top Bottom