Show off your discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
treemanone2003.

Maybe the reason your mediocre looking fish are "thriving" is because your puting them in an ugly bare bottom with nothing in it. Maybe you need to replace all of those minerals because your stupid enough not to add plants, substrate and extra trace elements to the water. What do your discus do when they want to rest? Go hide behind the sponge filter? its people like you who should do research before you get a fish.

Now I meant none of that. I respect that people use barebottoms to keep the tank clean and to keep the focus on the fish. Every tank is different. We are not here to bash and rip on people, see how mad and frustrated you got from reading this post? Should I have maybe gone with a more positive route and used facts as to why you should consider my OPINION. There are multiple ways to successfully keep the same fish. One person does not have all the answers.

If this continues I will shut down this thread that was just intended for showing pictures of your discus. Give advice on another thread, and please make it positive.

Edit: After reading your post off mine I would like to clear things up.
1. They did recommend a quarantine but mine was occupied by some beat up african cichlids.
2. At the time my fish were hit by disease, I was doing biweekly 50% wcs.
3. I admit now that my tank was overcrowded and I waited to long to fix it.
4. The discus code wasn't sold at the store of who recommended it. I had to order it off line.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

treemanone2003.

Maybe the reason your mediocre looking fish are "thriving" is because your puting them in an ugly bare bottom with nothing in it. Maybe you need to replace all of those minerals because your stupid enough not to add plants, substrate and extra trace elements to the water. What do your discus do when they want to rest? Go hide behind the sponge filter? its people like you who should do research before you get a fish.

Now I meant none of that. I respect that people use barebottoms to keep the tank clean and to keep the focus on the fish. Every tank is different. We are not here to bash and rip on people, see how mad and frustrated you got from reading this post? Should I have maybe gone with a more positive route and used facts as to why you should consider my OPINION. There are multiple ways to successfully keep the same fish. One person does not have all the answers.

If this continues I will shut down this thread that was just intended for showing pictures of your discus. Give advice on another thread, and please make it positive.

First off, I know what you intended right from the start. Secondly, if you go to the other thread, the op is asking for advice, but then goes on to say "that's how we do it here". So is he really looking or just blowing smoke ? Third, I can see where you were going with that and here's the explanation behind it. It's all education. Should any of your points had come up, that picture is the very first step in proper care of new fish. It's a QT for recent a recent purchase and most (as you may know) haven't do e the proper research and wind up posting, "my fish died" "what happened" "sick fish", etc. I, along with others, are trying to educate and help, but when you come claiming. You want help and snub your nose when it arrives, we both know what the outcome is.

These 3 are grazing and following me with the labs.
Fourth blue one sleeping behind leaves.
Have employed all availablr resources and will establish a good discus tank. The best. U guys plz sharr ur experienve regarding the fish habbits and behavior.
Yhe blue one turned black as soon as i turned on lights. I was told of this but still i bought it.

Any how will keep showing you pics.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1396959746358.jpg
    1396959746358.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 87
treemanone2003.

Edit: After reading your post off mine I would like to clear things up.
1. They did recommend a quarantine but mine was occupied by some beat up african cichlids.
2. At the time my fish were hit by disease, I was doing biweekly 50% wcs.
3. I admit now that my tank was overcrowded and I waited to long to fix it.
4. The discus code wasn't sold at the store of who recommended it. I had to order it off line.

Spot on my dear friend. When i came here i was looking for info and that i will get as time passes. I hope that more and more people get into discus and experience this joy. Wonderful fish. I will try and improve its repo. nay sayers will be naysayers. The fish are not that delicate. They survive and thrive. Hope i can keep posting their pics for at least a month. Their eyes are clouded. We only have meth blue here.
New fish will be imported in may. Maybe i can get better ones then. Loving this fish.

Just added discus fish last night.

Attachments

• 1397120530632.jpg
    1397120530632.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 1397120574943.jpg
    1397120574943.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 96

Latest posts

Back