Show off your lillies contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RogerMcAllen

Aquarium Advice Addict
Recently we had a discussion in this forum over who could grow the best lillies, and I think it is time for our members to put their money where their mouths are. I am looking for the best lilly picture you can come up with. I am shooting for an ending date around July 2nd to give people in all regions enough time to grow. Since we have some time until the end date, any feedback would be appreciated.

You didnt lay down enough rules (tropical or hardy?) What is "The Best Lily?" The best colors?

Just thought I would suggest that, as I am not participating.

I figured you would back out ZacDL.. you are soooo quick to talk, but then when it comes to "go time", you back out. Like I have mentioned previously, you are so quick to be judgemental, but so slow to actually prove yourself correct. Thats alright. Roger, I think its a great idea! I am shooting for something hardy... as tropicals dont do so well around here. And seeing how it is just for fun, I am excited to see how many people show their stuff! Good luck everyone!

You all are entiltled to your opinion, but to be totally rude is uncalled for. My mom used to tell me that if I didnt have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all. I suggest the same here. If you dont like it, then dont play.

Simmer down AFF, save it for your plants. Zac, those are the exact sorts of things I was looking for. So perhaps hardies, tropicals, and full pond shots? Perhaps an extras category for things like dragonflies or frogs sitting on the lillies.

As far as best, I will just put the submissions up for a vote. It is only a contest as far as getting your things shown in public. There arn't really any prizes or anything.

yea

just because someone wants to know something about a contest doesnt mean that they are going to "back out" there is a thing called curiosity

but how can i put this nicely..... your really mean to people who havent done anything wrong and i really think that your account should be suspended for being that rude

but thats only IMO

All of you, do a search for his posts and how everytime someone has something to say, he barges in and starts an argument. This is the first time in almost 2 years that I have been utterly rude to someone, and it is only after provocation.

Ends justifies the means.

Not to mention I am a good customer of Aquarium Hosting, and wouldn't ruin a good relationship between Aaron and I just for being rude. I am not like that. I would not destroy a business relationship just to tell off ZacDL.. it is only after, like I said, provocation.

AngelFishFan said:
Ends justifies the means.

We, the advisors, and of course the owners, decide what justifies what. You have been told to tone your rudeness down. Please do so or you will find out what "end" your means will come to.

If you have a problem with a post, report it with the button provided for your convenience. If that fails to solve your problem, then pm an advisor.

Thank you

RogerMcAllen said:
Zac, those are the exact sorts of things I was looking for. So perhaps hardies, tropicals, and full pond shots? Perhaps an extras category for things like dragonflies or frogs sitting on the lillies.

This sounds like an awesome opportunity for beautiful pictures. I am afraid my small pond, even though it has two sets of lillies in it, wont be ready as I am barely seeing new sprouts now. I also think my koi may be snacking on them. This is my first pond and for some silly reason (maybe seeing lillies in the koi pond at the zoo) I thought lillies would work with the fish.

Will indoor patio ponds pics still qualify for the contest?

Well Roger is the guy that started this thing, so he will set the rules, I was just curious what all he ment. Indoor ponds are NICE, I wish I had room for one, and I guess they do, Roger needs to set some more rules... Unless he just turns this into a "Display your lilies" post.

AFF,
I was trying to steer this thread back on topic. I will send you a pm to discuss this further, please keep on topic in this thread.

There are no "rules" yet because it isn't actually a competition yet. A better title for this thread would be "is there interest in a lilly photo competition". Right now it would seem that there are 4 of us, so based on what people have to submit I will hone down rules from there. I see no reason why indoor ponds would not be fair game.

I would be interested in a lily photo competition. My lilies aren't up yet but, I would participate when they are. :D

I see no reason why indoor ponds would not be fair game
Cool, maybe I can get a neat shot with some of the "loozards" (that is lizard in 3 year old speak, just in case you were wondering)

I have pads and new pads all over the place but I looked earlier and had no buds.

lilly1_1.JPG

Tropical daybloomer, cultivar name = Director George T. Moore.

Just for an example... :wink:

Wow I guess I missed the Lily arguement.

Anyway I would also be interested. So not to annoy anyone but do we want straight shots like the one Corvus is showing off (very nice - recent?) or more of a pan showing all the blossoms on the pond?? Can we enter more than one pic??

Should I tell folks in other pond forums about the contest?

Do we have to know the name of the lily?? Most of mine where gifts/loans.

Back
Top Bottom