Show off your shrimp tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice Theresa, I have that spec 5 too.
Filler up to the top of the intake grate, and remove the lid.
It's a fun little tank to work with.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Desktop tanks FTW! Really glad I came across this site, such a wealth of information and inspiration. I'll post an update once I get the Fluval Plant and Shrimp sub laid down and tidied up.

Desktop tanks FTW! Really glad I came across this site, such a wealth of information and inspiration. I'll post an update once I get the Fluval Plant and Shrimp sub laid down and tidied up.

I never thought of setting cholla wood vertically like "totem poles". Capped with moss you could make a tree or sorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If I weren't so miserable at making sure to secure things. XD I'll manage it with the hornwort. Plan is to nearly julienne the wood, then thread the stems through and drop them in the current blank spot in the back. Boiled cholla sinks well enough, and I'll need to soften it to get it to cut properly without falling apart all over anyway.

I'm still eyeballing duckweed as well. I enjoy seeing shrimp walking around on it apparently upside down. It'd let me turn the lights up a bit. Wonder if ottos would eat it.

I'm still eyeballing duckweed as well. I enjoy seeing shrimp walking around on it apparently upside down. It'd let me turn the lights up a bit. Wonder if ottos would eat it.

I love floating plants but I'd never get duckweed again! Somehow ended up with a bit in my Endlers tank and it quickly took over. Even with a floating plant guard I'm still removing 1 to 2 large scoops every week. Otos won't it eat it.

For floaters I like dwarf water lettuce, water sprite, najas, and baby tears. Lots of pics in my tank thread.

Goldfish love to eat duckweed.

Goldfish are lovely, but aren't exactly good friends with shrimp.

•bonus pic, finally got a good cycle on my tank. Forgot to remove it. ? derp

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446359640.463582.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446359640.463582.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 146
Duckweed can be a pain as if the water perms are to it's liking it will rapidly take over the surface of your aquarium and clog up your intake. There are surface plants that are a lot slower at multiplying. Shrimp do love to explore mine have shinned up and down my Tiger lotus and wandered on the underside of the lily pads which is fun to watch. The other thing with small surface plants you have to be very careful when you skim the excess due to possible babbies hanging on for dear life.

Goldfish are lovely, but aren't exactly good friends with shrimp.

•bonus pic, finally got a good cycle on my tank. Forgot to remove it. ? derp

More like you could try and find someones goldfish to eat it, not to be tank mates with the shrimp. That wouldn't maybe end well for the shrimp, though some GF aren't particularly attentive to their surroundings (I know some are).

Congrats on the tank cycle.

Here is my Brackish shrimp tank :)

11.jpg

My tank has really recovered from it's hard prune and added a new floating plant Phyllanthus Fluitans which is great as the leaves are small roundish and tinted red with feathery roots that hang down a inch or so but not as tiny or rapid spreading as duckweed. Goldfish are a no-no with cherries as they will go after them as they are greedy and have good eyesight (I used to breed them) and ottos won't really eat duck weed hope this helps.

I'll be able to post on this thread soon enough as my shrimp tank should be set up (without shrimp, fish, or plants) soon enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

29g shrimp tank

Home to fire red cherries and tiger shrimp

Attachments

• DSCN0648.jpg
    DSCN0648.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCN0633.jpg
    DSCN0633.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 161
Over grown but the inhabitants are happy.

Tangerine Tiger Shrimp, a dozen Boraras Brigittae, ~8 Habrosus Cories, the normal inhabitants.

About 8 juvenile White Cloud Mountain Minnows, just about ready to go to the other tank -been hanging out because they were teeny tiny fry when I got them and the other fish wanted to eat them for supper. Now they are the size of the Chilis. :) They "school" together.

60074-albums14480-picture70548.jpg

60074-albums14480-picture70549.jpg

My new shrimp tank :)

I have blue diamond shrimp :) new tank first shrimp tank. Eco complete gravel. 10G, Aqua clear 20. Kind of wondering what the grass I have is?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 107
Back
Top Bottom