Show off your shrimp tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And that's pretty big for ornamental shrimp right?

Yes the dwarf shrimp like Cherries would be more like an inch. Bamboo or flower shrimp will get 4-ish inches probably depending on variety and male or female.

There is a smaller fan shrimp which I think is Green Lace Shrimp if I remember correctly and they seemed to get a little bigger than the average dwarf shrimp but smaller than the Amano.

There are some newer varieties. Green Amano, which seemed almost the same color as the regular ones, at least the early variety ones I have seen, and Blue Amano, more recently available, which does seem to have a little more color. The Amanos are great because they are crazy comical to watch in a tank, they do a little shrimp ballet and it is very fun to watch. They are a nice size so you can easily see them moving around in the tank. They clean well and are pretty long lived for a shrimp, maybe around a couple years or so.

I am a huge fan of all the shrimp so I love them all, :D.

Yes the dwarf shrimp like Cherries would be more like an inch. Bamboo or flower shrimp will get 4-ish inches probably depending on variety and male or female.

There is a smaller fan shrimp which I think is Green Lace Shrimp if I remember correctly and they seemed to get a little bigger than the average dwarf shrimp but smaller than the Amano.

There are some newer varieties. Green Amano, which seemed almost the same color as the regular ones, at least the early variety ones I have seen, and Blue Amano, more recently available, which does seem to have a little more color. The Amanos are great because they are crazy comical to watch in a tank, they do a little shrimp ballet and it is very fun to watch. They are a nice size so you can easily see them moving around in the tank. They clean well and are pretty long lived for a shrimp, maybe around a couple years or so.

Thanks yea me too and I have a bamboo shrimp they are very entertaining to watch!

Thats so weird! That's what I was trying to think of but I couldn't think of it for the life of me. I stopped thinking about it and BOOM.. Thanks

No problem! I run the kitten adoption program at the vet clinic , so love coming up with names. My two orange & white brothers are named Barnes & Noble :).

I have blue amano. And yes i have seen quite a few little dances. They like to hitch a ride on gary in exchange for shell cleaning.

Tank when full and pretty by insane phototography, on Flickr

New tank build...

At the moment it is housing

River Prawn by insane phototography, on Flickr

2 x Handschins River Prawns - AQUAGREEN Fact Sheet

lots of - Darwin Red Nose shrimp AQUAGREEN Fact Sheet

lots of - Darwin Algae Shrimp - AQUAGREEN Fact Sheet

and about 6 - North Australian Chameleon Shrimp (really cool)
AQUAGREEN Fact Sheet

I'm having issues with the tank at the moment but slowly fixing them up. At the moment they are all living in about 4" of water at the bottom of the tank (happily)

Dan

Great tanks everyone! I just setup a 10 gal RCS tank, hope you enjoy and check out my thread if you have any input!

Attachments

• image-3263850795.jpg
    image-3263850795.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 189
  • image-867996963.jpg
    image-867996963.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 195
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393279669.515444.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393279709.984955.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393279741.136572.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393279766.416295.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393279817.388712.jpg
My first planted tank and invert tank, although I did have a Hermit Crab once! ,)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/insane_photo/12587881465/ Tank when full and pretty by insane phototography, on Flickr New tank build... At the moment it is housing http://www.flickr.com/photos/insane_photo/12651498093/ River Prawn by insane phototography, on Flickr 2 x Handschins River Prawns - AQUAGREEN Fact Sheet lots of - Darwin Red Nose shrimp AQUAGREEN Fact Sheet lots of - Darwin Algae Shrimp - AQUAGREEN Fact Sheet and about 6 - North Australian Chameleon Shrimp (really cool) AQUAGREEN Fact Sheet I'm having issues with the tank at the moment but slowly fixing them up. At the moment they are all living in about 4" of water at the bottom of the tank (happily) Dan
that's just spectacular! Youuu....insane!! You!! You must tell me of these mystical underwater trees that look so cool!!!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393279925.340704.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393279948.688277.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393279973.890795.jpg
The tank itself is 13gallons with a AquaClear HB filter hooked to a Hagen Surface skimmer. Lighting is a 24" Fluval plant LED. Water is 80f and strait from the tap.

Species are a baby Angel, several FAT little rams about the size of a pea! Two pairs Peacock Gobies, 6 neons, a single Otto, a black koolie, way to many cherry refs to count. 10 BlueBerries, 5 algea shrimp. A flower shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom