Show off your shrimp tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FTS of my low light, low maintenance shrimp tank:
vGXg1aJ.jpg

Thanks pitbully and autumnsky! Started out as 2 C. undulata and 3 C. wendtii red from Peabodys Paradise. Aqua Fertz total root pellets; no liquid ferts or CO2. Growth is slow but lots of runners over the past 10 months. Super low maintenance tank. I'll try to get a dinner time pic.

Fresh2O, I live your tank, too! Especially the low maintenance part, super jealous.

'Love'.... Ugh.
I can type 56 mistakes a minute!

That takes talent!

In the low maintenance tank everything grows SLOWLY. But that means zero pruning except for the moss on occasion. I have a heavily planted tank that requires a lot more attention.
Btw, the shrimp are from JungleFowl. I got a good deal with great looking shrimp.

been running about a week...one of the CRS is carrying eggs. ^^ wish me luck.

Continue your Awsome work!! ?

Attachments

• 1398657098708.jpg
    1398657098708.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 276
  • 1398657124936.jpg
    1398657124936.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 267
Everyone's shrimp tanks look better than mine.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1402270009341.jpg
    1402270009341.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 191
Do you have build threads you could post, or at least if/when you do please post. I have a new friend who is giving me some yellows this week, don't know what color or line or no line, (but I will love them, I know), since he has too many. :lol: I am looking at getting some shrimp specific substrate in the near future and CRS eventually.

I

I keep my yellow with bcs and tibees. I use up aquatic shrimp sand in that tank. I also just bought the "new improved" fluval stratum. To try. Don't have it running in a tank as of yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403022987.023562.jpg it's not much but its a start. I have 2 cherry shrimp and 2 ghost shrimp in it right now

Found a piece of driftwood dad bought. And made it into a lamp.

Continue your Awsome work!! ?

Attachments

• 1403027783595.jpg
    1403027783595.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 145
I keep my yellow with bcs and tibees. I use up aquatic shrimp sand in that tank. I also just bought the "new improved" fluval stratum. To try. Don't have it running in a tank as of yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

TY I would like to hear about you new fluval stratum when you use it.

View attachment 240611 it's not much but its a start. I have 2 cherry shrimp and 2 ghost shrimp in it right now

Great to get a start. Be careful of keeping Gosties with Cherries, the Ghosties are much more aggressive, and might attack them especially after they have molted.

Found a piece of driftwood dad bought. And made it into a lamp.

Continue your Awesome work!! ��

Well that is a really nice looking light, great dw.

here is a current shot of my 6.6 Edge tank haven't cleaned it up for awhile, I am thinking of redoing it a little and giving it a new shrimp stock. I have a little algae needs cleaning, and changed up the lighting so it should be gone soon.
60074-albums9764-picture66914.jpg

Last edited:
Autumn is spot on about ghost shrimp being aggressive. They have been observed hunting and killing both neo's and cyrstals.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom