Showcase your planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_2317766_0_e3316e9410d3a274a251a866041ad860.jpg

My 90g planted tank

Mine is pretty basic as far as technical details go. I have a 60 gallon long with basic stock lighting. That is low light. Plants are anubias and java ferns. My plants are attached to driftwood and rocks. I have four guppies, two red wag platies and i just added a school of six neon tetras today. My parameters are Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10, ph 7.6. Test almost every day due to my quick cycling with tetra safestart and i do a 15% pwc weekly. I use the AquaClear 110 hang on back filter.

img_2317889_0_9f608a32744333bac999da453eaa9bf5.jpg

26g Bow Front with Finnex Ray 2 LED lighting, Fluval 306, Aquatek paintball co2, PPS-Pro dosing regimen, and Floramax Substrate. Layout material: Manzanita and Yamaya Stone. Plants: Dwarf hair grass, Hydrocotyle sp. Japan, L. Aromatica, Ludwigia sp. Red, Cypres Helferi, Pogostemon Erectus, Flame Moss, Rotala sp., Cabomba, Anubias Petite, Alternanthera reineckii, and Hygrophila Angustifolia. Not sure if i spelled those right... Lol

itcDs9IchPyW0.jpg

Last edited:
26g Bow Front with Finnex Ray 2 LED lighting, Fluval 306, Aquatek paintball co2, PPS-Pro dosing regimen, and Floramax Substrate. Layout material: Manzanita and Yamaya Stone. Plants: Dwarf hair grass, Hydrocotyle sp. Japan, L. Aromatica, Ludwigia sp. Red, Cypres Helferi, Pogostemon Erectus, Flame Moss, Rotala sp., Cabomba, Anubias Petite, Alternanthera reineckii, and Hygrophila Angustifolia. Not sure if i spelled those right... Lol

Really like this tank man. How's the finnex working?

Really like this tank man. How's the finnex working?

It's been working out well. Phenomenal growth from my plants. Only criticism is that with a tank my height, the PAR might not be enough to get high light plants to color up in reds as they would under intense lighting. I suspect it's distance because my plants color up nicely in my other tank (6g rimless) under the Ray2 - which is a shorter tank.

6 dollar shop lights I painted black with 6500 K CFL's. which will end up being hung from the ceiling. I'm trying to figure out the right distance above the tank the lights should be to maintain medium to high light plants. I'v read every thread or article I could find looking for info on lighting a planted tank with cfl's in the hopes of finding some thoughts on the best distance for them to be but the info I'v found is vague at best. I only want to hang the lights once so I figured the best way to do it would be to set the lights at a determined height and monitor plant growth for a set time period.

So, anyway Im trying a height of 4 inch above the glass. An just so happened that I had a few shot glasses that were perfect. They did the trick!

Very nice phishfriend... since information is vague on using cfl's, I'm sure a lot of hobbyist can stand to learn from your experiment. You should create a separate thread documenting your experience. BTW, I just skimmed through your 40B Ram thread.. excellent work!

Back
Top Bottom