Showpiece fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oooh I must say, a quick google image search has got me hankering for some Congo tetras. That's one to run past the husband. (It's his tank - 30th birthday present).

Take a trip to afew of your lfs and see congos for yourself and i promise youll never look back. Even when they havent coloured up, probably because theyre in their shabby tanks they still steal the show. I'll never forget the first time i saw them it sticks out in my mind as one of 'those' moments. Id seen pictures and videos but wasnt actually prepared for their actual size and beauty. Most tetra are South American but congos are obviously african and just down right upstage tetra of any other kind. Theyre probably my favorite fish as you can probably tell.

I was actually in the process of setting up an african peacock and hap cichlid tank, My tap water is picture perfect for cichlids. Then One day i went into look at the new stock of peacocks and saw the congos and everything changed, the same week i bought an ro unit to lower ph and soften my water, so even though its much more work for me and my water to keep congos than cichlids i just had to have them. I still need to update my profile.

Interesting point there... You're both right. 55 UK gallons, 66 US gallons. So... Which is the 'universal' measure for aquariums!?

Back
Top Bottom