Shrieks of Joy !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuteRN35

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was laying down for a rest when my 6 year old daughter ran in and shrieked MOMMY WE HAVE BABIES!! LOL sure enough the female guppy that had been put in another tank this morning so that when she did have her fry they would be safer had in fact delivered! So far we have counted 15 fry! We are not going to be able to keep them all as our 5gal tank is way to small and no room for a new tank right now. I have made arrangements for the pet store to take some of them in exchange for store credit! I know the people who own the store well and they keep the fish in great conditions!
My daughter has been trying to think of names for them all LOL.

Congratulations! I was a South Floridian for 9 years but I can't remember a fish store on Key West - where do you go?

For me there is not much more exciting than fry, no matter how often you get them! If you keep it up like this you can finance your hobby with babies. :wink:

Thank you TankGirl ! The best part is my daughters excitement and the chance for her to learn something special! I go to Pampered Pet, It used to be in Kmart Plaza but The people I know bought it and moved it down on Roosevelt BLVD to the plaza behind Checkers !

*giggles*

Be careful QuteRN: once fish are named its awful hard to part with em.

And let us know what she decides on LOL

Names

Well so far we have Star,Frank,Cristina,Billy,Tom,Samantha,Sara,Joe,Mandy she is working on more LOL they are hard to count but it apears that all of them survived the night !!

I'm with ya there..I love my babies they are 3 weeks old and I spoil them so..The first time I ever had a pet that had babies. I'm still excited about them and yes another tank for them..My friends have started tanks since mine..( Can we say friendly jealousy..lol..) I can't trust them with them yet their still trying to wrap around what you have to do with the tanks to start off with..so anywho ......Names lots of fun there..I call them........
......HOOK ....SINKER ..TADPOLE...MOBY...STICK....LIL'NEMO...JAILBAIT..JELLY...PINKY..
JEWELS...WAGS...PALETTE (MY ART THING)....PRIMER.....SPIRIT (The dad guppy of the babies.his dorsal fin looks like a ship flag in the wind..)..LUCY........SMACK...of course JR...I have lots more..lol.. :lol:
I got the first bites food ( advice from the site)and that really started them of good..now I feed them everything... :wink: :fadein:

Cool! I love fry. I see new fry monthly, and it never seems to get boring. It's also a surprise when I see who has survived in the community and 'reappears' as a too-big-to-eat a month or so later.

Back
Top Bottom