Shrimp advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rick050

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New to this

Hey guys I'm from the uk relatively new to keeping fish currently have a 125ltr jewel tank looking to expand in the not so distant future. I currently have a community set up but am looking to do a Malawi setup with the next setup. Currently have phantom tetras, harlequin rasboras, zebra danios, two sucking loach , two Bolivian rams couple of kissing guarmis (fiancées input ) and a clown loach. I did have more clowns but all died for no apparent reason am looking to add some shrimp any suggestions on witch ones would be best to keep gravel clean but are big enough to avoid being ram fodda lol cheers in advance
Rick

Currently have phantom tetras, harlequin rasboras, zebra danios, two sucking loach , two Bolivian rams couple of kissing guarmis (fiancées input ) and a clown loach. Want to know what shrimps I could have to clean the gravel and would avoid being ram fodda lol cheers in advance

Rick

I'm not sure that there are any shrimp that could survive rams, gouramis and a clown loach. The only shrimp I could think of would be red cherry shrimp if the tank is heavily planted and they had places to hid and reproduce--but this is just a maybe.

Was told that if the shrimp were a decent size then they would leave them alone might not risk it then cheers

Rick

My Amano shrimp are alive and well in my 55 that has a Bolivian ram, electric blu ram, an angelfish, and tetras. At first the rams and angelfish tried to get at them but the shrimp "whipped" them with their antenna when the fish got too close. Now the fish pretty much leave them alone. Sometimes they might make a try at the shrimp but for the most part the shrimp have a free run of the tank.

Cheers did you have it from a small size or brought from adult

3 of them were adult size. The other 2 were pretty small but are now just about as big as the others. And the younger ones are the ones that go out into the open. But just to be clear, they are still cautious around the fish. Their always watching the fish near them. When it's lights out, then they have no fear at all. Amanos get pretty decent size anyway. So maybe that helps.

I would worry more about the loach and gouramies when it came to shrimp. How large is your tank? Multiple kissing gourami usually don't work well together long term.

Oh and Welcome to AA! :)

My tank is 125 ltr with plenty of hides wil look further into it before committing thanks guys

Cheers mate glad to be on here been really helpful already lol

Back
Top Bottom