Shrimp and snails and crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 65 gallon tank and right now i have 30 pounds of live rock and 5 damsels in it. When should i get snails and crabs and shrimp. Also what kinds of each should i get and how many. Thansk

id wait a good month beofre you add any snails or crabs to your tank.. the rule that ive always been told is for ever 2 gallons you should have one blue legged hermit crab.. get those ones over the red legged ones cause they areef safe if you a reef tank.. worked at a pet store ppl always would bring the red ones back cause they are a little more destuctive..id also add a few brittle stars because they get under the rocks where your hermits cant get. cleaner shrip are always really good to add and they always are a great addation to the tank when new comers see them at work with your fish.. id add a pair.. and a coral band shrimp.. make sure you dont get two of these unless they are a mated pair.. they will fight in a 65 and you will only end up with one if they arent a mated pair. emeral crabs and sally light foot crabs are really good.. emeral crabs are cheeper and dont get as big as the sally lighht foots but both do a awsome job..

Anyone else know anything. My tank has been runnig for about 6 weeks. I havent lost a fish. I have had them for about two weeks. Everything is good. So let me know what i can get.

astrea snails are good algae eaters. I only have 4 in my 30 gal, i could use a few more...they do a great job on my glass and LR. I also have about 10 blue leg hermits. Nassarius snails are supposed to be great snails for your sand bed. I am gonna get a few of those guys also. Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom