Shrimp ID Assistance Please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought these as Amano shrimp however I think they have well exceeded the size that Amano shrimp actually get. I could be wrong though :)

Looking for some advice here on what the heck these are. The seem to be eating the algae around the tank, they scavenge and hog shrimp pellets and other food on the bottom of the tank. They are not aggressive at all with my fish nor my Bamboo Shrimp, The line on their back looks a lot like the bamboo shrimp, but they dont have fan like arms so I doubt (for water salinity reasons) that my bamboo shrimp bred, or that I have a amano/bamboo mutant shrimp that somehow bred without brackish or marine water.

For a little it looked as if the bigger one had eggs, the abdomen was dark colored, now its clear like the rest of it.

Thanks guys, on with the photos!

shrimp1.jpg

shrimp2.jpg

shrimp3.jpg

shrimp4.jpg

My amano shirmp are about 1 1/2 inches long and they will carry eggs for what seems like along time but the eggs will not survive. they have to be in brackish water for the eggs hatch. Your shrimp look like amano to me.

They look like Amanos to me as well. These generally max out around 2". How big are yours?

Back
Top Bottom