shrimp keep dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skargo2009

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i found 2 of my cherry shrimp dead this morning and i noticed both of them had a crack across their back. Whats going on with them. I started off with around 12 and ive only got about 6 left that i can see.

I dont want to lose anymore as ive already spent loads of money on them

They might have tried to molt but was unsuccessful. I'm not very expert in shrimp keeping either. I just started mine too. But I read it somewhere that some shrimp tries to molt and become unsuccessful and they die on the process. If that's the case, I don't know either what else you could do. I had one died like that 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They might have tried to molt but was unsuccessful. I'm not very expert in shrimp keeping either. I just started mine too. But I read it somewhere that some shrimp tries to molt and become unsuccessful and they die on the process. If that's the case, I don't know either what else you could do. I had one died like that 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My amano shrimp have no problems molting

The first time I tried Shrimp my Betta hunted them down and ate them limb by limb. One managed to hide well for a few months until he finally got too brave.

Any predators in there?

The first time I tried Shrimp my Betta hunted them down and ate them limb by limb. One managed to hide well for a few months until he finally got too brave.

Any predators in there?

Only fish in the tank are 3 neon tetras and a baby swordtail

Sorry you're having a rough time. I have read that they can be vulnerable when being put into a new tank. Water parameter changes etc. I hope some of them survive for you.

Sorry you're having a rough time. I have read that they can be vulnerable when being put into a new tank. Water parameter changes etc. I hope some of them survive for you.

I added a mineral stone into the water and they actually seem more active since i put it in the tank

Back
Top Bottom