Shrimp living in my substrate/rocks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ck85abc3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have little tiny shrimp living in my rocks. Is this a good, bad, or neutral thing? I never get to see them unless I vacuum the rocks.

Comments...

Thanks

something else, what could it be?

but shrimp are actually more nocturnal, although some will get day friendly. my ghost shrimp are all gone, but my neocardina still will never come out during the day.

yes it is normal for them to hide during the day

Yes, under close inspection they look and act like shrimp. They are about .25 mm long, really small.

Could be a louse, a parasite, could be a shrimp, could be a lot of things. I have seen really small orthropods on the fish I catch in my local lake and on the crawdads I catch. They are harmless to them but I don't know about aquarium fish. It could be any of 100's of different "things" that look like shrimp at that size.

something else, what could it be?

Could be a louse, a parasite, could be a shrimp, could be a lot of things. I have seen really small orthropods on the fish I catch in my local lake and on the crawdads I catch. They are harmless to them but I don't know about aquarium fish. It could be any of 100's of different "things" that look like shrimp at that size.

Thats what I meant. I am sorry I was vauge, but the size of the "shrimp" Ck85 described made me suggest that they weren't really shrimp, but maybe a pest of some kind.

maybe a little better description :) like tiny normal shrimp, something more like brine shrimp? cocktail shrimp :p

Back
Top Bottom