Shrimp nets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mogurako

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone know of an online source to purchase nets specifically designed to catch shrimp? The type in looking for has a round opening and doesn't not collapse on the shrimp when remove from water.

Thanks

That's strange, mine don't get smooshed at all. I just used it with a set of tangerine tigers i received in the mail. It came in handy to net them out of the acclimation bowl. Tiny little suckers too! I'm just glad i bought this net and i have zero complaints. Good reviews on Amazon too.

That's strange, mine don't get smooshed at all. I just used it with a set of tangerine tigers i received in the mail. It came in handy to net them out of the acclimation bowl. Tiny little suckers too! I'm just glad i bought this net and i have zero complaints. Good reviews on Amazon too.

It doesn't smoosh them to the extent it hurts them. I just don't like the fact the net isn't ridged and doesn't hold it's shape.

Well since you tried the Fluval net, are you going to buy the one from TPT? It looks almost the same.. Might even be the Fluval net, rebranded or something. I've also seen an up aqua around somewhere. Not sure if its any better.

It's the same general shape as the fluval net but its a "3D net" so it remains open/ retains its shape in and out of water. I'm just not sure if its a stiffer mesh or if there's support "woven" in.

Ahhh... gotcha! "3D" is the key... well I can stick my fingers in the Fluval net and make it pop out just like the pics :) ... Anyway, buy it then and let us know if its that much better and worth the $18 + 6 shipping ($15 bucks more than the fluval one). You got me wondering.

Back
Top Bottom