Shrimp or snail for a bowl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just finished reading an entire thread in Planted Tanks about bowls. I'm putting together a .5g bowl for my husband to have at work and am looking for suggestions about what type of shrimp or snail I could add. No lid (unless absolutely necessary), plants, room temp water, room lighting. Thanks so much for any suggestions, he's been wanting to have a 'tank' at work for quite a while now!

Omg I've been out of this for too long....what is TPT?

And other than that question, how often would you suggest feeding and doing water changes in a bowl of that size?

TPT The Planted Tank

Feeding, tiny amounts every other day perhaps.
Maybe daily when new ?

In an established tank, I barely have to feed. In a tiny bowl, tiny controlled amounts

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why not both. Some RCS and one nice red ramhorn or small horned nerite

why not both. Some RCS and one nice red ramhorn or small horned nerite

Nerites are algae eating machines. I had one starve in a heavily planted 5 gallon because it had eaten all of the algae and I didn't realize that it was time for me to feed it. My nerites typically will not eat algae wafers, but that's mine.

Also I would be afraid a snail would be too much of a bio load and that the shrimp would suffer. But that's just my thought.

Nerites are algae eating machines. I had one starve in a heavily planted 5 gallon because it had eaten all of the algae and I didn't realize that it was time for me to feed it. My nerites typically will not eat algae wafers, but that's mine.

Also I would be afraid a snail would be too much of a bio load and that the shrimp would suffer. But that's just my thought.

Throw in a piece of veggie here and there for it if it doesn't like wafers. A small zebra or horned nerite prob wouldn't be a huge load. Or a small red ramshorn?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom