Shrimp Parasite or Eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taernster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have had shrimp for 8 months or so now and have never seen anything like this. I noticed one of my shrimp have these green looking things typically wear they carry their eggs. They DO NOT look like eggs though, not very ballish.

I heard of a parasite going around a few months ago that is affecting shrimp and am worried if this is it. I did get some new shrimp a few weeks ago and I have quarantined the suspect. See photos below and sorry for the poor picture taking

Hi. RCS typically have white eggs, sometimes more yellow, but occasionally green. You might have noticed that the saddle before mating was a greenish colour rather than pale orange. It doesn't seem to affect the colour of the young.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've heard RCS eggs can come in yellow color or green color its just different genetics. If you take a look at its back you'll see what is referred as the saddle, that's her ovaries, green or yellow as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't worry those are eggs I hope you get a lot of baby shrimp

Sent from the crayfish lover Mine Shaker

Back
Top Bottom