shrimp problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefRebel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i lost 2 shrimp in the past two weeks thinking they were molting. one died 2 weeks ago and i thought he was molting because i saw what i thought to be an exoskeleton but it was the shrimp. then in a week the other cleaner shrimp disappeared and the next day i saw him floating around. i picked him up and broke him and he was hollow so i thought it was an exoskeleton but havent seen him since. i have a small 3 stripe and a blue damsel in a 75 with live rock and other inverts like hermits and snails. all tests are good and i dont have an iodine test though. is there anything that could cause this because i think it may be the iodine. they were in there for 2-3 weeks.

mmmmm thats odd.. did you acclimate them? I started off with one Yellow tang and a pair of cleaner shrimp.. half a year later and all three are doing great. They are so much fun to watch.

forgot to mention..
did you get them at one of your LFS s ?

What we do is go to the 3 or 4 LFS s we have around the area. We get advice, products.. we now know where to go to get what type of fish. Shop around and ask a ton of questions.

i always research them quite well before adding them and i just got reminded that one was in 3 weeks and the other for 4 weeks and they had eaten well and acted well until that one died then the other stayed hidden but still ate well for a week and died. i go to the closest lfs wich is pretty small. sometimes i go to one thats farther away that is strictly aquariums but to long a drive to go there every week but we did get one from both. I do acclimate them but should i do it different for shrimp then fish. if so how or tell me how yall do it

oh sorry i was on the wrong user name. im ChrisB but i also accidently put that under reefrebel so i am also reefrebel if it confused any of you

i always research them quite well before adding them and i just got reminded that one was in 3 weeks and the other for 4 weeks and they had eaten well and acted well until that one died then the other stayed hidden but still ate well for a week and died. i go to the closest lfs wich is pretty small. sometimes i go to one thats farther away that is strictly aquariums but to long a drive to go there every week but we did get one from both. I do acclimate them but should i do it different for shrimp then fish. if so how or tell me how yall do it

I lost a fireshrimp yesterday, all my water paramaters are fine too.

He was eating v. well up until 2 days before he died - the day before he died he molted.

Don't know what caused it...

Back
Top Bottom