Shrimp recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Bought a dozen red cherry shrimp for my 20g tank and now have a large colony. Realize how I got culls cause color is not great but I still enjoy them.
Would really now like to start a colony in my 10g tank. Trying to find a nice strain of shrimp. Have light colored sand and plenty of hiding spaces. Tank mates are cpds and pygmy Cory's so only the tiny babies might be snacks. My ph is around 7. Would like a species that is easy to breed and breeds true. Looking for some recommendations. Willing to spend around 50$ so have a few options. Also advice on reputable sellers who will send nice specimen and not culls

Blue velvets are nice but you will need to make sure you get them from a very good breeder so they won't guess you to many red rili which is what they are derived from...there is also pumpkin shrimp yellow shrimp snowball shrimp which are all neocaridina shrimp like the cherry reds there are plenty of other color morphs as well

Umm you could check the planted tank I know there are quite a few people who sell some nice looking shrimp on there but other than that no I don't really know of any of the top of my head sorry

Ended up buying ten blue velvets. Hopefully I can get a nice colony out of them.

Good luck I have some as well they are some neat little guys

make sure you cull the less colorful blue velvets, and induce new strains of them to help keep there blue at the highest color grade

+1 ^

Definitely cull off any with red on them

Are blue velvet males less colorful like the cherry males?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom