Shrimp safe with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leek86

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wondering if you guys thought shrimp such as RCS or crystal reds would be safe with celestial danios (or galaxy rasbora as they were known before reclassification)

Yes, they should be fine together. We've kept RCS and other shrimp with CPDs.

I ask as I plan on setting up a planted fluval ebi/flora I plan to stock the yellow variant of the RCS and crystal reds, and just wanted a few nice fish for the mid tank, I thought about celestial danios due to thier small size given the tanks size. And due to the crystal reds price's I dont want a fish that will snack on them, or thier fry if they choose to breed.

Have you thought about Microrasbora Erythromicrons? Awesome little fish, I have a large school of them (started with 8) and they never bother the shrimp. Beautiful fish! Somewhat hard to find, especially in shops though. I found mine online.

Theyre rather nice, I would definately consider them if i can find them.

Have you thought about Microrasbora Erythromicrons? Awesome little fish, I have a large school of them (started with 8) and they never bother the shrimp. Beautiful fish! Somewhat hard to find, especially in shops though. I found mine online.
Did they breed in your tank or did you buy more?

They have been breeding in my tank for 2 years now,they spend alot of time in the bush and i diddnt notice until one day my little cousin was over and exclaimed "You have a baby fish!!" The fry are so tiny but her fresh 10yr old eyes caught them. Now that I look for them i see fry in there almost constantly. Their numbers have pretty much quadrupled then doubled lol from what I can tell by the number of adults...but alot of them hide in the heavy plants so its hard to tell. I have hard Chicago water and never did anything to encourage breeding...guess they like the parameters.
They are tiny fish so not much of a bio load. I just gave a dozen of them to a friend last week... he has been begging for some for the last few months now. Thats what I get for bringing someone into the hobby! i got him into it about a year ago and he already has 3 tanks lol i'm good at getting friends to spend money!!

Only one on there and only ships to US. I find most stuff on there is US or outragous shipping internationally.

Yea shipping will kill ya. I wanted them too bad though , I think I paid 45 for shipping. makes me wish the local stores had good stuff so we diddnt have to pay that extra cost sometimes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom