Shrimp suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J duff

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all i have a 75gallon planted tank with 3 ghost shrimp and my only shrimp threats would be a ADF and i plan on getting a ram i have other fish but none that will bother a shrimp

Amanos. Mixing shrimp is tricky. Alot of the color varieties will crossbreed and those that wont like different water params.

Is it bad for them to crossbreed? Aslong as im not selling the offspring

The colors can dull and create brown shrimp if they crossbreed. I didn't notice any problems except them having dull brown babies.

Red cherries come in lots of colors. Pick one and you wont have any crossbreeding

amanos are good but you cant breed them and they climb out of the tank unless you have a top on the aquarium

Rams will eat RCS. Even Neons will eat RCS. Tiny Shrimp need their own tank or LOTS of dense plants.

Amanos are great Shrimp. If you learn about them, Bamboo Shrimp are large and cool, but have special feeding needs.

You could try some RCS, but don't be surprised if they get eaten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rams will eat RCS. Even Neons will eat RCS. Tiny Shrimp need their own tank or LOTS of dense plants.

Amanos are great Shrimp. If you learn about them, Bamboo Shrimp are large and cool, but have special feeding needs.

You could try some RCS, but don't be surprised if they get eaten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neons will eat shrimplets but not full grown shrimp me thinks.

Back
Top Bottom