shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharkbait8

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New shrimp tank we r going to make a cool shrimp tank will keep every 1 posted on how it is going we think it will b awsome

What kind of shrimp and what size tank are u getting?

Last edited by a moderator:
Off topic posts and rude posts removed. Please keep the thread on topic. The thread has been located to the proper forum.

Sorry yall yes it was rude it was my brother and i did not think about it we are always joking with each other we are thinking about cherry shrimp and maybe some small docile fish in a 30g tank mayb tetras would they do ok together

I was wondering that also i thought maybe when the crayfish was small it would be fine but after a while it is all you can eat

I was wondering that also i thought maybe when the crayfish was small it would be fine but after a while it is all you can eat

There is a small Crayfish called a CPO (Orange Dwarf Crayfish) that can be kept successfully with RCS. You may have some casualties though.

Shrimp are awesome. Ghost shrimp are the only ones I have owned.. Cheryl shrimp get kind of expensive and are hard to find around here... Anyway good luck. Posts some pics after.

Some Tetras do ok with Shrimp, but some are quite predatory. Ghost and Amano Shrimp are both larger and may do ok with small fish.

RCS and CRS should only be with Otos if you want to breed them. If you don't care they can live with Nano fish like CPDs ( Celestial Pearl Danios) BUT you will lose some babies. The adults will be fine and out and about.

If you keep tiny Shrimp with larger fish with plenty of places to hide , some May survive, but they will tend to hide all the time.

Otos and Threadfin Rainbows both seem pretty Shrimp safe. I have both in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom