Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinyninjafishy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, I changed the look of my tank and added some new guys haha. It now has two ghost shrimp, four RCS, and three celestial danios. It is a planted tank and I noticed this stuff on my log. If anybody can identify it and/or tell me if it's bad that would be awesome thanks! It's the fuzzy stuff haha. Thanks again!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395156947.296768.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395156947.296768.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 157
that many? and my celestial danio don't seem to be eating which might just be because they aren't use to the environment yet?

I can't really tell from the photo. Personally I am not fond of fuzzy stuff in my tanks ;)
FYI, I was also not fond of keeping ghosties with my RCS. The ghosties are so much bigger and pretty aggressive. Also the CPD are commonly said to be 'safe' with shrimps but I have seen it reported plenty of times that they will indeed eat shrimps. Obviously, the more hiding spots, the better.

If that driftwood is new or newer than it is just a kind of fungus I think. Its harmless and will go away by itself with a little time. As for shrimp stocking, you could put a lot more shrimp in there. Im also just starting up a 4 gallon shrimp tank and I have 20 RCS, 15 tangerine tiger shrimp, and I just ordered 15 blue bee shrimp. Shrimp have an extremely tiny bioload. Just keep up with WCs and you're good. I would also get rid of the ghost shrimps, they get huge and can be big bullys.

it's not new haha. well that kinda sucks, maybe when I get more cherrys I'll get rid of the ghost. but I don't have anything to do with them... also the CPD are as big as the shrimp haha

Well you guys might be on to something. I woke up and look in the tank this morning and see a shrimp without a head....

Well you guys might be on to something. I woke up and look in the tank this morning and see a shrimp without a head....

Could have been the CPDs or it died from something else and another shrimp ate it while it was dead. I dont think a ghost would kill another shrimp unless it turned out to be a prawn of some kind.

I'm feeding them plenty though. unless I'm feeding them the wrong thing I don't know why they would be hungry

what is the orange thing in my shrimps head?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395371594.707220.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395371594.707220.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 134
Ghost Shrimp can be predatory. I would never put them with RCS. And my CPDs certainly eat baby Shrimp. Adults seem safe. I have a dark background on my tank and lots of plants. Some Ghost Shrimp will even kill Guppy Fry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom