shrimp tankmates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patola_l

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all, i have a 15gal freshwater tank that his heavily planted and is used for breeding pond snails and red cherry shrimp for my fig. 8 puffer. I was wondering if there is any fish i can safely add to the tank that wont harm the breeding process of the shrimp and wont turn the shrimp to food. Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome! thank you

i was thinking a dwarf gourami or perhaps a school of cardinal tetras...any other ideas?

I have Endler's with RCS and they don't bother any of the shrimp, even the smallest bite sized baby shrimp.

IMO all fish will slow down the breeding process for the RCS. If you already have 50-70 RCS already, then maybe you could try putting tiny fishes inside the tank. Maybe endlers like duffman recommended. But if you have less than 40, then I wouldn't risk slowing down the RCS reproduction. Unless you sit and watch your tank all day, you really don't know if fishes will eat the tiny shrimps or not.

I have a RCS feeder population going for myself for current and future puffers. I won't start using them as feeders until I get more than 100+. I think I have around 25.

Back
Top Bottom