Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigchris87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Wat are peoples thoughts on the correct ratio of shrimp per lt of water also dose types differ?

It depends on the species of shrimp being kept. But it would be similar to fish, lots of small shrimp or a couple of bigger shrimp will take up similar space to fish that are the same or similar in size.

I thought shrimps waste was no where near the same as a fish waste so technically could keep more but dependant on the size of course an there diets vary also

Shrimp have a higher metabolism than fish and will generally eat more than fish if given the food. I had a pr of cleaner shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis) and they ate 3 times a day and would be looking for more food any time I walked past the tank. They were fed a piece or marine mix (made from fish, prawn, squid and spinach) that was about the size of their head and they would eat that in a matter of minutes. Each shrimp got that much food. These shrimp were only 2 inches long and they ate. Other shrimp will eat as much as they can get too. Most shrimp in aquariums are underfed.

Back
Top Bottom