Shrimps eat shrimps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jojo75931

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will Amano shrimp eat CRShrimplets and RedCherryShrimplets?

I want to buy CrystAlRS or RedCS, if they have babies should I be worry?

Sent from my D6503 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They will probably eat a few. If you provide plenty of hiding places, plants, rocks, etc., then they won't be able to catch very many. I've kept Amano, Ghosts and Blue Claw Whiskers with Cherries and the numbers of cherries continued to increase steadily. Fish were in there too.. kuhli loaches, cories and danios, and all of them will eat a baby shrimp if they find one. But they clearly didn't find enough to make much difference to the cherry population.

Once the baby cherries get to about 3/8 inch, they usually will be left alone.

If you get RCS they have loads of moss. It's the only way for the baby shrimp to hide and grow. Not just a little moss - a lot. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415743038.338345.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I ordered 10 amano 6 disappeared. Water parameter is 135 td and 0 amonia. Idk why in the heck they died....shm

oh and i do right dosage of Excel for 4.5g

Attachments

• 1415748870476.jpg
    1415748870476.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 78
They might not be dead.. they may just be hiding. Shrimp often hide and they are so colourless, it can be hard to see them.

No ammonia is good and the TDS is fine, but what temperature do you keep the water, and what's the pH ?

The ph is 7-7.1 and temp is always between 76-78

That should be ok. Their water should not drop below 7 in pH, and they like it higher than that.. up to 8 is ok. Temp is also ok, but they're alright down to about 68 F.

I hope they are just hiding. If they did die, the chances are the other shrimp will eat their bodies, as shrimp are, above all, scavengers, who will eat almost anything at all.

Yup i bought 10, 1 died out of bag, 1 died a day after, 1 just died, 1 is missing, 1 is super brown looks like it got burned not moving at all but haven't died since arrive. It is stressful who would think 36 dollars went out of the window that quick.

btw, I never thank you for your help. I had RCS before so was CRS but amano...seems to die soo fast on my. My CRS suppose to be sensitive but they did fine with Excel, co2, and tds around 250. Along with ph of 7.4

Back
Top Bottom