Shrinkage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed my xenia seemed to be shruken and hardened today when I got home... Just yesterday they were fine and flowing... I added some water to decrease the salinity.... is this normal or should I worry ??? The rest of my corals etc are doing fine......

My xenia will close its polyps (do they have polyps?) at any rate they will close what I think are polyps and become somewhat more "compact" when I do top offs if I go to long between top offs. They generally come back out after a couple of hours.

I had to read this thread because I thought the title might be a Seinfeld reference... :mrgreen:

Mine also react to topping off the tank. They should recover quickly if that's the case. You said they were like this when you got home. I suppose you added the water before you left? Is there any other corals close buy that could be bothering it?

Nothing very close at all........ They're looking a little better today... not the same as they were..... but improving... I think...

Back
Top Bottom