Siamese or betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masai

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Siamese/beta is still and pointing directly up. Any reason why it would do this

Hi, sorry your fish is not well.

Answer these Qs to ensure we have as much information as possible about your ailing fish and its environment:

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?

I just bought the fish. And my tank size is 60 l

There is 4 fish

They are:1)opaline gourami
1 yellow lab
1 gold fish which has become white

image-1307159737.jpg

Plus i bought 2 one og which is the beta and the other is in da pic. I hv forgoten its species

image-3225138214.jpg

There is no heater. This is beacuse i live in africa. And this is the rainy season.

Weathet temp=

Hottest - 28
Coldest - 20

This are estimates

The last pic is an Oscar. They get huge (1 foot plus!) and need a tank of 75gals (300L) or more. He needs to be rehomed ASAP.

Is the tank cycled?

What are your readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH?

Do you have a heater?

What is your water change schedule?

I KNOW YOU JUST BOUGHT THE BETTA TODAY BUT WATER CONDITIONS CAN AFFECT A FISH QUICKLY.

masai said:
There is no heater. This is beacuse i live in africa. And this is the rainy season.

Weathet temp=

Hottest - 28
Coldest - 20

This are estimates

It would be a good idea to get a heater. An 8 degree swing in temperature isn't very healthy for your fish.

You have some major stocking issues that maybe effecting your water quality.

One goldfish in a 60L tank is considered over stocking unfortunately.

The temps are outside. Sorry for that. But in house it must be more stable.
Plus can you please help me identify the rish in the second picture

masai said:
The temps are outside. Sorry for that. But in house it must be more stable.
Plus can you please help me identify the rish in the second picture
do you have a thermometer to check?

I cant tell what the fish is in the first picture. It's too blurry. Can you get a better pic?

The second picture is of an Oscar and a goldfishes tail.

I do not have a thermometer but i guess i need to buy one

Thanks for the second picture.

This is the retake of da first pic

image-3533155429.jpg

The beta has died. I moved it out from the main tank as i first noticed it was being savalgly attacked by the oscar

masai said:
The beta has died. I moved it out from the main tank as i first noticed it was being savalgly attacked by the oscar

I'm sorry to hear that:( always sad when a pet dies.

You have a lot of stocking issues. Not one of the fish you have are able to live in a 60L tank. You need to find them a new home ASAP. They are going to get huge and create a massive bioload in your tank causing all sorts of trouble.

You need to buy a thermometer and a test kit (liquid not strips) to test your water.

I would suggest changing at least half the water in your tank every 2 days to keep it as clean as possible while you try to find a new home for them. Those fish are going to cause a lot of waste build up very quickly.

The fish have been in the tank abt 8 months. And when i bought them they wer abt 1-2 inches long

masai said:
The fish have been in the tank abt 8 months. And when i bought them they wer abt 1-2 inches long

I'm sorry to say but that makes your situation even worse. That means they are probably being stunted. You need to do some research on the fish you have. Tank size requirements, compatable tank mates, maximum mature size of the fish, etc. If you want to keep them happy and healthy they need to be rehomed or you need to buy a much larger tank (125gal plus for all fish).
Adding a Betta to that mix of fish wasn't going to work.

masai said:
I do not have a thermometer but i guess i need to buy one

Thanks for the second picture.

This is the retake of da first pic

Iridescent shark they get about 3 or so feet

Back
Top Bottom