Sick anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sina5587

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My purple tip sebae anemone I got a week ago and it hid in the rocks and wasn't getting any light. Now I looks sick. It's smaller and I can't tell if it's moving ( I moved it onto the sand today). Is there any way to keep it alive and should I have moved it earlier so it got light? I have 2 t5 blues and 2 t5 whites for my lighting system. Thanks for any help

Attachments

• image-2924911811.jpg
    image-2924911811.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 141
How long has the tank be established? What are you water parameters?

I don't think that you have enough light to sustain this nem.

Nitrates a hair high but all else good. It's been up for 6 months about now. The anemone wasn't getting any light because it was hiding behind the rock

Anemones are quirky. You may or may not be able to bring it back to health. The amount of light you have is a bit low IMO and you will probably struggle with the anemone if it does recovery.

Anemones require intense light, excellent flow and near perfect water conditions.

I knew they required alot of light which is why I thought it was weird that it was hiding in the rock ha. Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

My anemone has attached to the underside of a rock so he can kinda adjust the light he gets, sometimes he pulls himself under the rock out of the light and sometimes he stretches all his tentacles out and gathers a lot of light. Your seems pretty white which usually isn't good, I would maybe put him on top of a rock in a high light area and see if he moves or looks better. I'm not sure what you can do for him. Just keep the water good and stable.

What size tank?

I have the same lighting setup and I consider it high light and my anemones are thriving.

2 x 54w t5ho 12000k
2 x 54w t5 actinics
55 gallons

I have a 30 gallon tank. The anemone was that creamy white color when I bought it. It didn't make it. Pour guy only came out of the rock once for about 15 minutes while I had him.

Back
Top Bottom