Sick anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abedawg83

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys just introduced this bulb (bubble tip) anemone two days ago. It did fine for the first 48 hours but now it looks like this and i dont know if its okay or if its gonna die. I tried to feed it but nothing... also, its still moving around the tank, but it just looks like its seen better days. Any thoughts? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475452859.157318.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475452891.951351.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475452912.287539.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Can you tell us more about the system? It looks stressed for sure, but without knowing more about what is going on in the system there isn't much help that can be given. Usually anemones can display this kind of stress when adjusting to new systems if not properly acclimated.

EDIT: I forgot to add that feeding an anemone can often times provide additional stress to it. With the proper intense lighting, there is no need to directly feed a photosynthetic anemone.

I have a 29 gallon with 2 clowns and a banded coarl shrimp. Also i have a few assorted coals. The temp is about 78ish with all my parameters normal. I got the anemone from liveaquaria.com and acclimated it with the drip method. If i did indeed do something wrong, is this guy doomed? Can i do something to help with his stress?

It looks ok right now, it isn't doomed. Just trying to feel things out. You're anemone was shipped across a continent, stress is normal.
Can you tell the exact parameters? Normal doesn't really tell me much as the normal in my tank will be different from yours.
What kind of lighting is over the system? Was there any acclimation to the light?

Back
Top Bottom