Sick Angelfish. Advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a six month old -ish black veiltail angelfish. Its been housed in a 46 gallon planted aquarium with 8 cardinal tetra, 8 cherry barbs, 3 albino cory cats, various ghost shrimp, and some otocinclus. Water parameters are usually: Ammonia, 0. Nitrite, 0. Nitrates, 10. I do about 50% water changes every 10-14 days. He is only about four inches from nose to the inside curve of his tail, and about six inches from top to bottom.

I feed Omega One tropical fish flakes four days a week, along with some shrimp pellets for the corys, and some algae wafers for the otos. Once a week I will do frozen brine shrimp and blood worms. I fast them two days a week.

About a week and a half ago, I noticed my angel having issues swimming. I assumed he ate too much and so I let them fast for an extra day or so. Didn't help. I woke up one morning and though he was dead; he was caught on a plant, not moving, and his stomach area was distended and had scales missing, almost like he scraped against something. I tried doing a few extra water changes and feeding peas, but no luck.

A few days ago, I moved him to my empty 5 gallon tank, as it was the only tank I had available. Ive been doing PWC on it daily, and dosing salt VERY slowly, and not to full potential. He seems to be swimming a little better now, but when he stops, he still floats up to his side.

Im going to venture a guess and say its bloat... Other then meds, because I can't seem to find them anywhere, what else should I be doing to help him out?

img_2043452_0_417c28c562c5996b5c2288e144bb2a1a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom